From Cleaning Solutions
LUBRATEK is a technologically advanced lubricant and corrosion preventative. When applied and allowed to dry, it leaves a microscopic barrier of long-lasting protection from moisture penetration and the resulting corrosion of metal surfaces. Physical Properties: Very slight Citrus odor Solvent, Silicone based 112F Flashpoint Combustible, not Flammable No Halogens: Chlorinated, Fluorinated or Brominated content Designed as a Dry-Lube, where the solvent portion acts as a carrier for the silicone based lube to direct and spread the material across the part and evaporating – leaving behind the protective silicone and no tacky or wet feel Very low vapor pressure for VOC emission controls Hydrophobic material
- In law enforcement applications, LUBRATEK has proven to be a superior lubricant and protectant for weapons, locks, and restraints.
- Weapons fire more efficiently, for longer periods of time, and are easier to clean, even after thousands of rounds have been fired between cleanings.
- Locks and restraints experience fewer failures, such as stuck keys and inoperative double-lock plungers, due to the lack of rust and gummy build up.
- Flash Point: 112F (PMCC)
- Vapor Density: >4
- Vapor Pressure (mmHg @ 25C): <10
- Initial Boiling Point: 310F
- Evaporation Rate: (n-butyl acetate=1): .3
- Volatility by Volume: >90%