LumaSense INNOVA - Model 3433 - Automotive Emissions Monitor System
The Automotive Emissions Monitor - 3433 is a highly accurate and reliable Multi Gas Monitor based on the INNOVA 1314 platform with special configuration for Exhaust Gas or SHED Evaporative Testing. Its measurement principle is based on the photoacoustic detection method. In addition to its high sensitivity for multiple trace pollutant monitoring, the model 3433 is valued for its extremely simple integration into most test installations and for enabling reliable direct measurements.
- Automotive SHED Evaporative Emissions (SHED Testing): Measurement of Methanol, Ethanol, Toluene, Carbon Dioxide, and Freon R134a (or other refrigerant)
- Vehicle Exhaust Emissions: Monitoring of Ammonia, Ethanol, Nitrous Oxide, Carbon Dioxide, and Carbon Oxide
- Multi Gas Monitoring – up to 5 different gases (+ water vapor) can be measured with excellent sensitivity and accuracy
- Linear response over a wide dynamic range
- Highest stability (low drift) makes calibration only necessary 1-2 times a year
- Extremely simple system integration needs with its direct sampling capability. No carrier gas is needed.
- Accurate - compensates for temperature fluctuations, water-vapor interference and interference from other known gases
- Self-test routines assure high reliability
Other valuable product features include:
- Standard RS-232 interface for remote control
- Multiple user access levels, password protected
- Swagelock gas connectors
- PC calibration software 7304
Gas selectivity is achieved through the use of optical filters with narrow bandwidth. By installing up to 5 optical filters in the INNOVA 3433, it can measure the concentration of up to 5 component gases and water vapor in any air sample. Detection limit is gas-dependent, but is typically in the ppb region. The accuracy of measurements is ensured by the INNOVA 3433's ability to compensate for temperature and pressure fluctuations, water-vapor interference and interference from other gases known to be present (Cross-compensation). Reliability of measurement results is ensured by regular, automatic self-tests.
The optical filters used in the instruments display different characteristics while sharing a basic design. Each filter comprises three separate infra-red elements; a narrow-band pass element, a short-wave pass element and a wide-band pass element. The narrow-band pass element has very specific transmission characteristics defined by the short-wave pass and wide-band pass elements, which prevents transmission of light at other wavelengths.
- Detection Limit: Gas-dependent, but typically in the ppb region. Using the Gas Detection Limits chart, the detection limit for a selected sample integration time (S.I.T.) can be calculated.
- Dynamic Range: Typically 4 orders of magnitude (i.e. 10,000 times the detection limit at 5 S.I.T.). Using two span concentrations it can be expanded to 5 orders of magnitude.
- Zero Drift:
- Typically ± Detection limit4 per 3 months1
- Influence of temperature2 : +/- 10 % of detection limit4 /°C.
- Influence of Pressure3 : +/-0.5 % of detection limit 4 /mbar.
- Repeatability: 1 % of measured value1
- Range Drift:
- +/- 2.5 % of measured value per 3 months1
- Influence of temperature2 : +/- 0.3 % of measured value/°C.
- Influence of pressure3 : -0.01 % of measured value/mbar.
Is dependent on the Sample Integration Time (S.I.T.) and the flushing time defined. Please see the examples below:
- Measured at 20 °C , 1013 mbar, and relative humidity (RH): 60%. (A concentration of 100x detection limit4 was used in determining these specifications.)
- Measured at 1013 mbar, and RH: 60 %.
- Measured at 20 °C and RH: 60 %.
- Detection limit is @5s S.I.T
- Interference: The 3433 automatically compensates for temperature and pressure fluctuations in its analysis cell and can compensate for water vapor in the air sample. If an optical filter is installed to measure a known interferent, the 3433 can cross compensate for the interferent.
- Pumping Rate: 30 cm3/s (flushing sampling tube) and 5 cm3/s (flushing measurement chamber).
- Power Requirement: 100-240 VAC +/- 10%, 50-60 Hz.
- Power Consumption: ~120 VA.
- Total Internal Volume: The total Internal Volume of the measurement system: 60 cm3
Air Volume per sample:
Alarm Relay Socket: for connection to one or two alarm relays (visual/audio). Alarm levels for each gas are user-defined. Max. 25 VDC, max.100 mA.
- Height: 175 mm (6.9 in).
- Width: 483 mm (19 in).
- Depth: 375 mm (14.8 in).
- Weight: 14 kg (30.8 lbs).
The 3433 monitor has one RS-232 port (25-pin) for data exchange and remote control..
Compliance with Standards
The 3433 has the following certifications:
- CE-mark (for compliance with EMC and Low Voltage Directives),
- CSA mark (for compliance with UL and CSA standards)