Lumex Instruments - Model RA-915M - Portable Mercury Analyzer - Hg Analyzer
Mercury Analyzer is a portable multifunctional atomic absorption spectrometer with Zeeman background correction, which eliminates the effect of interfering impurities. It is the only high sensitivity and selectivity instrument that does not require gold amalgam pre-concentration and subsequent regeneration steps. This enables the user to conduct real time air monitoring and mercury vapor detection. Being combined with pyrolysis or cold vapour attachments for liquid and solid sample testing, the instrument can determine mercury content in water, mercury in soil, mercury in food products, mercury in natural gas and stack gases, may be used for dental and toxicological applications, etc.
The mercury analyzer RA-915M is a unique all-purpose high sensitivity analytical instrument for measuring mercury, especially for the real time detection of mercury vapor in air, mercury detection in water, natural and stack gases, oil and condensate, solid and sediments, foodstuff and so on.
RA-915M Mercury Analyzer is a portable multifunctional atomic absorption spectrometer with Zeeman background correction, which eliminates the effect of interfering impurities. It is the only high sensitivity and selectivity instrument that does not require gold amalgam pre-concentration and subsequent regeneration steps. This enables the user to conduct real time monitoring and detection of a mercury vapor. Being combined with an RP-92 Cold Vapor accessory for water and PYRO-915+ pyrolysis attachment for solid sample testing, the instrument is designed to determine mercury content in ambient air, water, soil, natural and stack gases, dental and medical testing and diagnostics, analysis of food and marine life, etc., the mercury detection limits being as low as 0.5 ng/m3 in air and 0.5 ng/l in water.
Atomic absorption spectrometry at 254 nm with Zeeman correction for background absorption for interference-free measurement.
- simple to operate, fully automated, self validating analyzer;
- rugged/Versatile design for laboratory and field mobile conditions;
- ultra low detection limit and highest selectivity;
- real-time operation mode for air and gases;
- direct determination of mercury in liquid and solid matrices within 60 seconds (attachment required). No sample preparation, no use of hazardous chemicals or bottled gases ;
- built-in performance verification test cell and auto zero function;
- wide dynamic measuring range (four orders of magnitude);
- controlled by a keypad or a computer via USB interface;
- data logger for 122 hrs of data acquisition, averaging, and storage;
- rechargeable battery for up to 12 hours operation.
Analyzer can be used in combination with solid and liquid matrix analysis attachments:
- RP-92 attachment for liquid sample analysis (Cold vapor method);
- PYRO-915+ attachment for liquid and solid samples analysis (Thermal decomposition method without sample pre-treatment and thermoscanning option).
RA-915M analyzer and attachments are covered by 12-months limited warranty.
RA-915M portable Zeeman mercury analyzer comes with the RAPID software, charger, shoulder bag, intake hose/filter, mercury filter, cables, manuals.
Upon request, installation and commissioning of RA-915M analyzer and attachments can be carried out at customer's site by our service engineers. Support and training of operators, meeting Customer's specific needs, are provided by highly qualified application engineers.
- Dimensions: 460x220x110 mm
- Weight: 7 kg
- Power supply:
- 220/110 VAC, 50/60 Hz
- Built-in battery
- Power consumption: Max. 50 W
- Analysis time: Direct on-line
The RA-915M portable mercury analyzer system enables coping with any complex problems involving mercury detection in natural media and in technological process monitoring.
- search and localization of indoor and outdoor mercury contamination in continuous air analysis mode, including those performed from moving vehicles;
- monitoring of a demercurization process involving any chemical reagents;
- quality assurance of the demercurization;
- mercury assaying in construction materials and surface wash-outs.
Handling the toxicology and occupational safety problems:
- proximate analysis of biological objects (urine, blood, hair, and exhaled air) finding out risk groups;
- screening examination of population;
- finding out risk groups;
- instrumental monitoring of a mercury intoxication treatment and of the following rehabilitation.
Rapid-analysis of complex objects:
- combustible deposits (hydrocarbon gases, natural gas condensate, oil, mercury in coal, peat, and shale oil;
- raw materials and industrial products;
- ecological and geochemical samples, biological objects, foodstuffs, cosmetics, and medical preparations.
Geological and geochemical survey:
- study of mercury cycles of natural and technological origin;
- prospecting of mineral deposits;
- Mercury assaying in natural gases, water, rocks and ores.
- continuous background mercury vapor monitoring in the atmosphere;
- various ecological surveys of mercury haloes of technological origin and detection of emission sources.