LuminUltra - Model QGO–M™ - Quench-Gone Organic Modified (QGO-M) Test Kit
The Quench-Gone Organic Modified (QGO–M) test kit is based on the measurement of ATP, and is designed for low-solids organic-based samples, such as oilfield-related waters, fuels, lubricants, metalworking fluids, and oily brines. This test kit includes special provisions to neutralize organics prior to analysis, allowing you to quickly measure total microbiological concentration using this kit with a wide detection range and no assay interference. Use these real time results to isolate problem areas, determine the root cause, and mitigate the issue – all during the same shift!
- Isolate the living population (Cellular ATP) using a single analysis.
- Results available in < 5 minutes.
- Low Detection Limit of nominally 0.1pg/mL (100 Microbial Equivalents per mL), although simple test modifications can allow even greater sensitivity.
- All interferences such as organics, colour, residual chemical, and other characteristics inherent to sample matrices are completely negated.
- All reagents are stable for at least one year.
In some cases, optimized microbiological control is achieved through targeting different ‘types’ of microorganisms. Whereas bacteria are generally the predominant organism of concern, other types of organisms can be equally detrimental, such as:
- Fungi – fungal growth in metalworking fluids, fuels, and chemical products such as polymers can contribute to fluid spoilage, the formation of odorous compounds, and filter plugging.
- Algae – these microorganisms can contribute to taste and odor issues in potable water via surface water contamination, increased loading in cooling towers, and similar plugging issues as with fungi.
- Protozoa – this type of microorganism (such as Amoeba) can present health and safety issues in applications such as potable water and cooling systems.
The common thread amongst these organisms compared to bacteria is that each cell is typically much larger. The LuminUltra Organic (QGO–M™ Test Kit) method leverages this size difference to provide an indication of larger microorganisms compared to smaller microorganisms. Although it does not specifically identify the types of microorganisms present, the information provided can be utilized by operators to make more informed decisions about the types of mitigation to enact in the face of microbiological contamination.
LuminUltra recommends routine monitoring with the LuminUltra Organic test kit; when recorded cATP levels indicate microbiological concentrations in the preventive or corrective action range, LuminUltra Differential Organic (dQGO-M Test Kit) can be used to further characterize the issue and determine if the problem is predominately due to the emergence of larger life forms (e.g. fungi) or smaller cells (e.g. bacteria). Action appropriate to the true problem can then be taken immediately.
LuminUltra's test kits contain all of the consumable materials required to run their specified number of tests (Defined by the last 2 or 3 digits of the product code). To use these test kits, LuminUltra recommends one of the following equipment bundles:
- Field Kit & Luminometer (EQP-PAC): Field Case, Micropipettors, Kikkoman Lumitester.
- Bench Materials & Luminometer (EQP-BTM): Micropipettors, Kikkoman Lumitester, Test Tube Racks.
- Kikkoman Lumitester TM C-110 (EQP-LUK): Kikkoman Lumitester luminometer & accessories.
NOTE: LuminUltra’s test kits can be used with the majority of photomultiplier tube–based luminometers. Contact LuminUltra to confirm compatibility of your luminometer.
LuminUltra is sensitive to the needs of each individual customer. Our expert staff can consult with you to determine the best means by which the data collected from our test kits can be integrated into your existing data management practices. We have multiple software platforms and can even assist you to integrate ATP data directly into existing control systems, process historians, and data archives.
Getting started with QGO-M is easier with direct training. LuminUltra can supply you with on-site auditing and training services, web-based training, and one-on-one consultation to get your process improvement program off the ground.
When you receive your QGO-M test kit, utilize the following guidelines for material storage. Note that the presence and quantity of each item listed below will depend on test kit size and type.