M.GH. - Dinamic Sand Removal System
From Production Machinery
For some productive typologies ( see for example textile industry ) a certain concern is about the presence ( more or less massive ) of abrasive powders coming from pumice stone used into process.
To avoid that equalization tank gets filled with sands and, above all, an early wearing of all electro-mechanical components installed into the plant ( impellers, valves, screens etc.) , M.GB. offers its own sanding removal system.
The process takes place thanks to the slow rotation of a shaft moved by a central gearmotor ; the shaft is provided with two scrapers which maintain all the liquid contained into the tank in a gentle stirring , while the sloped bottom of the tank helps the settling itself.
The process is enhanced also by the particular structure of the upper part ( the so- called baffle cylinder ).
- Fundamental components of the unit are :
- Baffle cylinder , in Stainless Steel AISI 304
- Central shaft with scrapers driven by a gearmotor
- Thomson profile-shaped gate in Stainless Steel AISI 304
- The thickened sands are taken out of the tank by a proper pump periodically.
- They can be sent either into draining bags or directly into sludge stabilization tank to be disposed of.
- The water, from which most of the sand has been taken away, flows then into equalization tank.