M2M - Model RMS1000 - Real Time Data Logger
The real-time data logging feature is extremely valuable for troubleshooting tough problems that require continuous real-time data. The RMS1000 will accept up to a 2 GB Flash card that can store log files for 80 parameters every three seconds for up to 200 days. These log files are stored in raw and CSV formats for easy import into Microsoft Excel. The trend and historical data provided by this feature are extremely important for high value industrial equipment.
M2M’s RMS1000 handles the collection, storage, and communication of data from remote facilities. The RMS1000 is being used in a number of business critical industrial applications where high availability, predictable performance, and the ability to hold up to rugged remote environments are key. The RMS1000 application software handles all communications, data processing (including report-by-exception) and security.
The RMS1000 supports numerous protocols and interfaces directly to field instruments, electricity meters, equipment control panels, EFMs, RTUs and PLCs. The unit provides direct access to engine monitoring parameters from Caterpillar® equipment via many different Data Maps that are available. Simply connect the RMS1000 to the equipment to be monitored or controlled via Ethernet, serial, analog, and digital I/O. Once powered up, the RMS1000 connects to the M2M Data Center automatically eliminating the need for costly on-site programming.
The nature of M2M’s unique web based approach enables remote diagnostics and software maintenance.
- Certified Class I Div 2 Groups A-D
- Din rail mountable
- Exception reporting
- Historical data logging
- Option: Simultaneously report to M2M Data Center & interface to traditional SCADA system via various protocols
- Operating Temperature Range: 0 to 50°C
- Storage Temperature Range: -30 to +70°C
- Operating and Storage Humidity: 80% max relative humidity, non-condensing, from 0 to 50°C
- Vibration According to IEC 68-2-6: 5 to 150 Hz, in X, Y, Z direction for 1.5 hours, 2 g’s.
- Shock According to IEC 68-2-27: Operational 30 g, 11 msec in 3 directions.
- Altitude: Up to 2000 meters
- MOUNTING: Snaps onto standard DIN style top hat (T) profile mounting rails according to EN50022 -35 x 7.5 and -35 x 15.
- CERTIFICATIONS AND COMPLIANCES:
- C-UL Class I Division 2 Groups A-D Approved for Hazardous Locations
- UL Listed, File #E317425, ANSI/ISA12.12.01-2007, CSA22.2 No. 213-M1987
- LISTED by Und. Lab. Inc. to U.S. and Canadian safety standards
- UL Listed, File #E302106, UL508, CSA 22.2 No. 14-M05
- LISTED by Und. Lab. Inc. to U.S. and Canadian safety standards IEC 61010-1, EN 61010-1: Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use, Part 1.
- WEIGHT: 15.1 oz (456.4 g)
- POWER: 24 VDC ± 10%
- Must use Class 2 or SELV rated power supply.
- USB/PG Port: Adheres to USB specification 1.1. Device only using Type B connection.
- Serial Ports: Format and Baud Rates for each port are individually software programmable up to 115,200 baud.
- RS232/PG Port: RS232 port via RJ12
- COMMS Ports: RS422/485 port via RJ45, and RS232 port via RJ12
- DH485 TXEN: Transmit enable; open collector, VOH = 15 VDC, VOL = 0.5 V @ 25 mA max.
- Ethernet Port: 10 BASE-T / 100 BASE-TX
- RJ45 jack is wired as a NIC (Network Interface Card).
- On-board User Memory: 4 Mbytes of non-volatile Flash memory.
- On-board SDRAM:
- DSPSX: 2 Mbytes
- DSPGT: 8 Mbytes
- Memory Card: CompactFlash Type II slot for Type I and Type II cards.