M2M - Model RMS680 - Combines Local Sensor
The RMS680 combines local sensor, actuator and serial interfaces with a cost-effective satellite modem. Software controllable events, RS485 and discrete input/output lines make the RMS680 a highly flexible hardware component of M2M's remote monitoring services. Whether using standalone or with RTU/PLC, native Modbus support on the RMS680 provides a direct connection to common industrial automation equipment, for quick and easy installation.
- Size: 160mm (diameter) x 47 mm (height). Mounting kit adds 70mm to height
- Mass: ~535 g
- Operating Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Storage Temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- Humidity: 95% Relative Humidity at +30°C non-condensing
- Dust & Water Ingress: IP67/NEMA-4X
- Vibration: 5-20 Hz; 1.92 m2/s3 random noise. 20-500 Hz: -3dB octave random noise
- Shock (survival): Half sine 6ms, 300 m/s2
- Input Voltage: 9 VDC to 32 VDC
- Power Consumption (Typical @ 12VDC)
- Transmit mode: .75 W
- Hibernate mode: 100mA
- RS485 ESD: ± 15kV HBM
- Mating Connector: Conxall Mini-Con-X® 6282-8SG-3DC
- Serial: RS485: MODBUS RTU interface
Qty (1) Digital input (reserved for run status)
Qty (1) Digital (selectable as input or output; max sink 250mA)
CERTIFICATIONS / COMPLIANCE
- Satellite: Inmarsat Type Approval
- Satellite Service: Two-way Global iSatDataPro
- Core Services: Position reporting
- Lua script engine
- Low power modes
- Frequency: Rx: 1525.0 to 1559.0 MHz & Tx: 1626.5 to 1660.5 MHz
- Elevation Angle: +20 to +90 degrees
- Acquisition: Cold-start: 34s
- SuperSense®: -148 dBm
- Accuracy: 3 m CEP; 5 m SEP
- From Terminal: Up to 6,400 bytes
- To Terminal: 10,000 bytes
- Class 1 Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D certified terminal meets industry standards for electronic equipment in Oil and Gas markets.
- Modbus protocol interfaces directly with common SCADA devices such as RTU, PLC and flow meters to quickly and easily implement reporting and telemetry capabilities for remote equipment.
- RS485 serial interface allows connection to SCADA devices over large distances to enable flexible deployment in a wide range of operating conditions.
- Seamless global coverage based on the Inmarsat satellite constellation enables operational benefits in remote regions.
- Expanded operating temperature range allows reliable deployment in some of the world’s most demanding environments.
- Immediate reporting of digital status change (all data sent with report).
- Discrete inputs enable monitoring of local devices not using Modbus.
- Over-the-air programming enables M2M to remotely reconfigure parameters such as threshold levels or report frequency.