The Mark-Costello Company designs and manufactures the most complete range of medical waste processing and hospital waste sterilization equipment in the world today. We also incorporate world class components into our systems and in the case of shredding and grinding medical waste, we have the best grinder shredded available manufactured by Vecoplan. Vecoplan was founded in 1969 in Bad Marienberg, Germany, as a manufacturer of high quality wood chippers. In the early 1980s, Vecoplan's focus turned to manufacturing innovative machinery for recycling of various materials, inspiring the invention of the first single-shaft rotary grinder the world ever saw. This innovation has revolutionized the size reduction industry.
In 1989, a European patent was awarded to Vecoplan for the single-shaft grinder and its unique 'U-rotor.' To this day, this rotor design continues to be the most advanced cutting geometry for the universal size reduction of a whole spectrum of waste materials.
In 1994, Vecoplan received its ISO 9001 certification. This is the highest standard set for quality systems and confirms its dedication to innovative product development, design engineering, high quality manufacturing and quality control standards. Ensuring first-rate customer service has been, and remains, a top priority.
In 2000, Vecoplan, the global leader in size reduction technologies, combined forces with ReTech Industries, the American leader in single-shaft rotary grinder technologies, to form Vecoplan, LLC - the undisputed global leader in size reduction systems.
Today, Vecoplan has a substantial presence on every continent (with the exception of Antarctica) and has evolved into the undisputed leader of state-of-the-art size reduction and recycling systems with currently over 5,000 machines and systems operating around the world.
- Ram-fed single cutting rotor eliminates bridging
- Makes medical waste unrecognizable in one pass
- Processes sharps, fabrics, gauze tape, paper and other materials that could slip through a conventional shredder
- Screened discharge
- Low Speed/High Torque Design
- LED Monitoring
- Easy Accessibility
- Tramp Metal Protection
- Equity 'Buyback' Guarantee
- Low RPM/Low Noise
- Large Infeed Hopper
- Precision Hydraulic 'Process Ram'
- 4-Way, Indexable Cutting Inserts
- High Output 'Torsion Point' Cutting Rotor
- Heavy Duty, Industrial Grade Construction
- Stress-relieved Shell and Frame
- Lifetime Limited Warranty on Cutting Rotor
- Power Belt Rotor Drive
- Oversized Gearbox
- Heavy Roller Bearings
- Fluid 'TurboCoupling'
- PLC Control Panel
- Ideal for document destruction
- Single Shaft Rotary Grinder
- Comprehensive testing of customer's material
- Complete turnkey solutions