MasterCell - Admixtures
BASF’sMasterCellproduct system, under theMaster Builders Solutionsbrand, is a ready-to-useadmixturethat reduces concrete density to makelightweight concreteor low strength (flowable fill) concrete.
What is MasterCell 50 used for?
MasterCell50produced CLSM can be used in any application in lieu ofcompacted soil/fill.MasterCell50is used in CLSM mixes to lower the density (unit weight),eliminate settlement, and tocontrol strength development.MasterCell50can be used in the following applications:
- Backfill(flowable fill) -sewer trenches,utility trenches, bridge abutments, retaining walls,andconduit trenches.
- Structural Fill-foundation sub-bases, floor slab bases, pipe bedding.
What are the benefits of MasterCell 50?
MasterCell 50 producesstable air contentsof 15 to 35%. CLSM (flowable fill) produced with MasterCell 50 offers the user the following:
- Reduced water contentby as much as 50%
- Increases yield
- Optimum workabilitycan be produced in either fluid orplastic consistency
- Increases pumpability
- Little or no bleeding
- No segregation
- Reduced shrinkage
- Reduced settlement
- Control of strength development
- Cost effective compared to in place cost of compacted soil