Mastermag - Electro Overband Magnets
The Mastermag overband separators are renowned around the world as the most effective units for the continuous removal of tramp ferrous material from a product stream. This type of magnetic separator is used to protect, clean and separate materials on applications in the recycling and quarrying industries. Most commonly used on mobile crushing machinery, overbelt magnets are self-cleaning, so that no manual cleaning is required and downtime for the end user is reduced to a minimum. Master Magnets offer 2 types of magnetic overband separator to work with different types of applications. Please click on the models tab for more information.
Electro Overband Magnets
The Heavy-Duty electro overband is the most powerful overband separator from the Mastermag range. Master Magnets manufacture the widest range of this type of separator, with the largest weighing 35 tonnes and spanning across a 2 metre wide conveyor.
Due to its high magnetic strength, the overband is able to work at an increased operating gap, enabling it to extract ferrous from deep troughed conveyors.
Electro magnetic overbands are commonly used for installation in plants within the quarrying and recycling industries where they would be positioned either inline over the head pulley or across a conveyor belt.
Master Magnets supply Heavy-Duty overband magnets to operate over 150mm – 2000mm conveyor belts. For larger conveyor belt widths, overband magnets can be custom designed to suit the application. Additional support structures can also be supplied.
There are two different types of heavy-duty electro overbands;
- Oil cooled – This type of heavy-duty overband is the most commonly used of the two types. It efficiently maintains an optimum working temperature and is also capable of producing a higher magnetic force than the equivalent air cooled electro overband magnet.
- Air cooled – This type of magnet is used where oil is not a customers preference for health and safety reasons. For example, a client may wish to use this type of cooling because it is less of a fire hazard.
To give the overband magnet a longer belt life (especially when handling abrasive materials) an armoured belt can be fitted as an optional extra.
Heat resistant belting can also be supplied to allow the heavy-duty overband to operate at higher ambient temperatures.
Typical applications for the Mastermag range of Overbands are;
- Installation on Mobile Crushers, Screens and Shredders
- Installation within a MRF (Material Recovery Facility) plant
- Separation of ferrous contamination in quarries
- Removal of ferrous materials in mining operations
- Used in Wood Waste processing applications
- Separation of ferrous in fragmentiser metal recovery
- Separation of ferrous metals from Municipal Solid Waste
- Removal of ferrous contamination in glass cullet recycling
- Separation of ferrous from Kerbside collection recycling
- Separation of ferrous metals in Skip Waste recycling
- Removal of ferrous from Foundry applications