Mastermag - Permanent Overband Magnets
The Mastermag overband separators are renowned around the world as the most effective units for the continuous removal of tramp ferrous material from a product stream. This type of magnetic separator is used to protect, clean and separate materials on applications in the recycling and quarrying industries, allowing for metal recovery. Most commonly used on mobile crushing machinery, overbelt magnets are self-cleaning, so that no manual cleaning is required and downtime for the end user is reduced to a minimum. Master Magnets offer 2 types of magnetic overband separator to work with different types of applications. Please click on the models tab for more information.
Permanent Overband Magnets
For applications that require a magnet to operate up to 400mm above a conveyor, the Mastermag permanent overband separators are a cost effective solution that can be applied to a wide range of industries. Master Magnets designed their range of overband separators for use in recycling and quarrying applications and was the first magnet that was designed specifically for use on mobile crushers.
The Master Magnets overband is designed to be a lightweight separator with low running costs as it requires no power source for the magnet to operate. The magnet is also self-cleaning, reducing downtime to a minimum.
Overbands can be positioned either inline over a conveyor head pulley or across a conveyor belt. All models are designed to be virtually maintenance free and are available with either an electric or hydraulic drive. Master Magnets supply Overband Magnets to operate over 150mm - 2000mm conveyor belts. For large conveyor belt widths, Overband Magnets can be custom designed to suit the application. Additional support structures can also be supplied.
Typical applications for the Mastermag range of Overbands are;
- Installation on Mobile Crushers, Screens and Shredders
- Installation within a MRF (Material Recovery Facility) plant
- Separation of ferrous contamination in quarries
- Removal of ferrous materials in mining operations
- Used in Wood Waste processing applications
- Separation of ferrous in fragmentiser metal recovery
- Separation of ferrous metals from Municipal Solid Waste
- Removal of ferrous contamination in glass cullet recycling
- Separation of ferrous from Kerbside collection recycling
- Separation of ferrous metals in Skip Waste recycling
- Removal of ferrous from Foundry applications
The Mastermag overband separators are renowned around the world as the most effective units for the continuous removal of tramp ferrous material from a product stream.