MAX-AI - Model AQC-C - Autonomous Quality Control (AQCs) Sorting Machine
Max-AI AQCs (for Autonomous Quality Control) are the ultimate in post-sort automation. When combined with NRT optical sorters, the paper and container sorting process is 100% autonomous and the need for human contact with waste is eliminated. The AQC-C is a solution that is comprised of Max-AI VIS (for Visual Identification System) and at least one collaborative robot (CoBot). CoBots can work alongside people, minimizing structural requirements and footprint while improving maintenance access. The AQC-C can be quickly and easily placed into existing Material Recovery Facilities (MRFs) with no down time. This advanced technology uses a machine vision system to see the material, specialized artificial intelligence to think and identify each item, and robotic sorters to pick targeted items or contamination. Max-AI AQCs provide MRF operators with sustained and consistent sorting performance while improving safety, recovery, product quality and operational expenses.
- Can be installed in sort cabins, on narrow walkways and in other tight locations
- Works alongside people
- Easily scalable; up to four robotic sorters can be added behind each Max-VIS system
- Up to four separate sorts from a single unit
- Consistent and predictable pick rates
- Dependable & able to work multiple shifts
- Advanced neural networks can be retrained to identify new materials as waste streams change
- Captures valuable material composition data with machine vision & artificial intelligence
- Minimal structural requirements & footprint for easy installation
- Maximum Conveyor Frame Width 42'
- Maximum Sorting Belt Width 30'
- Sorting Range 18' each robot
- Installed Length: 9' 4'
- Installed Width: 7' 0'
- Installed Height: 6' 8'
- Installed weight: 1,200 lbs (approx)
- Model: AQC-C
- Identifiable Materials: Plastics & metal containers, paper, cardboard, cartons, residue
- Sorting Speed: Up to 40 picks per minutes per robotic unit (2 arms)
- Number of Sorts: Up to 4 separate sorts per unit
- Air Consumption: 40 scfm @ 100psig
- Required Air Supply: Filtered and Dry Air, Pressure: 100 psig, ISO 8573.1 Class 5.4.2
- Voltage, VAC 50/60 Hz, Single Phase: 230V
- Main Circuit Breaker: 20A
- Full Load Amperage (FLA): 15A
- Power Consumption @ FLA: 3.5 kW
- Maximum Object Weight: .5 lbs.
- Maximum Object Size: 10 inches
- Maximum Object Height: 6 inches
- Sorting Conveyor Speed: 100-200 feet/min.
- Suitable Operating Environment: Indoors only; 35-100°F