McDonough - Model A Series - Band Mills Band Mills (Wide)
The Industry’s leading Band Mill manufacturer for over 100 years! You will see a McDonough in more mills than another other brand.
- Double Column Frame constructed from Heavy Duty plate Steel. Independent Column and Base.
- Exclusive McDonough Air Strain is the simplest, most effective system to increase feed speeds and minimize miscut lumber.
- Cartridge Type Pressure Guide System assists in faster feed speeds and increased accuracy. Guide Block Dressing Machine to resurface Guides is included with each Band Mill.
- Cast Iron Wheels. Preferred by saw filers because they prevent saw blades from getting hot and loosing tension, unlike steel wheels.
- Other standard features: Hydraulically operated top guide and top wheel lift, Timken railroad car bearings in lower wheel, saw blade cleaning and lubricating device.
- 54' - 12,500 pounds. 8' wide x 30' long saw blades. 75 to 125 HP required.
- 62' - 18,000 pounds. 10' wide x 36' long saw blades. 150 HP required
- 6' - 25,000 pounds. 12' wide x 40' long saw blades. 200 HP required.
- 7' - 35,000 pounds. 14' wide x 47' long saw blades. 250 HP required.
- 8' - 44,000 pounds. 14' wide x 52' long saw blades. 300 HP required.
- Custom saw lengths can be accommodated upon request.
- Linear positioned top guide with linear Big Ways
- Belt table, steel slat table or UHMW slat table,
- Steel wheel guards
- 17 degree slant
- Motor and drive packages.
- Single, Twin and Quad configurations available
- Electric remote top wheel tilt