MCI - Mini Grenades
Mini MCI Grenades consist of Migrating Corrosion Inhibitors (MCI) packaged in water-soluble PVA bags. Mini MCI Grenades are very convenient to use. Mini MCI Grenades are ideal for repair mortars-one Mini Grenade protects 0.4-0.6 ft3 (0.015 m3). The grenade dissolves easily when in contact with water in the concrete mix. During mixing the bag will completely dissolve and the MCI compounds will begin to disperse into the mix.
The MCIs protect reinforcing steel, galvanized steel, and other metals embedded in concrete from corrosion induced by carbonation, chloride, and atmospheric attack. When incorporated into the concrete mix the MCIs form a corrosion inhibiting protective layer on metals. When used with repair mortars and grouts, MCIs will migrate toward the rebars providing effective corrosion protection.
Mini MCI Grenades are recommended for:
- All reinforced, precast, prestressed, post-tensioned, or marine concrete structures
- Steel-reinforced concrete bridges, highways, and streets exposed to corrosive environments (carbonation, deicing salts, and atmospheric attack)
- Parking decks, ramps, and garages
- Concrete piers, piles, pillars, pipes, and utility poles
- Restoration and repair of all reinforced concrete
- commercial and civil engineered structures
- Offers engineers, owners, contractors, DOTs, and government agencies a time proven corrosion inhibiting technology that will extend the life of reinforced concrete structures
- Protects against the harmful effects of corrosion even in the densest concrete
- Does not affect the air entrainment, compressive strength, or the set time of concrete mix
- Required dosage is not affected by chloride concentration
- Does not contain calcium nitrite
- Non-flammable and environmentally friendly
- Lab and field tested
- Concentrated for cost effectiveness on all projects
- Will migrate to adjacent areas to protect surrounding metals
- Cortec logo on each bag ensures MCI inhibitor is inside
Mini MCI Grenades can be added to concrete at the ready-mix plant, directly to the ready-mix truck drum, or to portable mixers. For best results, add the Mini MCI Grenades to the mix water before the addition of the cementatious materials. Allow the bag and the powder to dissolve prior to addition of the other components. Continue adding cementatious materials and mix as directed by manufacturer / supplier. Mini Grenades can be post added to mixing concrete as long as they dissolve and a uniform mix is achieved.
- Add one Mini Grenade (10 g) per 0.5 ft3/ 0.015 m3
- 100 Mini Grenades are packaged per box.
- Appearance White to off-white powder packed in a PVA bag
- Shelf Life 12 months in a sealed box