McPherson - Model 225 - One-meter Normal Incidence (NIM) Vacuum Ultraviolet Monochromator
The Model 225 one-meter normal incidence (NIM) vacuum ultraviolet monochromator is sometimes referred to as the “McPherson 15°.” The tight angle between entrance and exit slits results in an optical design with reasonable imaging and low polarization. Its unique wavelength drive translates the grating during rotation to maintain best focus at wavelength. This is an ideal high-resolution instrument for use with microchannel plate intensifiers or CCD detectors. It is a very clean design; the wavelength drive is outside the stainless steel vacuum vessel. We deliver it with single gratings, or double- or triple-grating turrets. It can be mounted horizontally or on its side, to save space.
The Model 225 is a high-vacuum instrument (10E-6 torr) and ultra-high vacuum (10E-10 torr) versions are available. We also make it with two, three and even 6-meter focal lengths that achieve resolving power 78,000 at 46.4nm.
- VUV Spectrograph with CCD or MCP
- Minimal Astigmatism and Polarization
- Maximum Flux Density
- Optional - Turret, Multiple Ports, UHV
- Optical Design : Normal Incidence, McPherson-15°
- Angle of Incidence : 7.5 degrees
- Focal Length : One meter
- f/no. : 10.4 horizontal
- Wavelength Range : refer to grating of interest for range
- Wavelength Accuracy : r+/-0.10 nm (with 1200 g/mm grating)
- Wavelength Reproducibility : +/- 0.005 nm (with 1200 g/mm grating)
- Grating Size : 56 x 96 mm (single kinematic grating holder, two- and three-grating turret optional)
- Slits : Continuously variable micrometer actuated width 0.01 to 2 mm. Settable height.
- Vacuum : High vacuum 10E-6 torr standard, UHV optional
- Focal Plane : 40 mm max. Multiply dispersion of the selected grating by width of your CCD or MCP to determine simultaneous range