Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) Systems for Waste Water
Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) systems are used for high removal of physical & organic pollutants from wastewater to obtain reusable water for plants where recyclingis done. MBR Systems are biochemical oxidation processes which are used to seperate clean water and biornass physically with membrane barrier. MBR Systems are applied in two different ways; as Submerged type and Side Stream.
- Alum Dosing Unit & Rotating Disc Screen
- Blower & Diffusers
- System Feed Up
- Submerged Type or Side Stream Type MBR Moduls
- Product Water & Backwash & CEB Pumps
- Excess Sludge & Sludge Return Pumps
- Chlorine & Aicd Dosing Units
- PLC Control Panel & Operator Panel
- Good quality treated water is achieved thus the treated wastewater can be recycled or reused.
- Turbidity: <1 NTU
- Biological Contamination: None
- The system can be operated with high MLSS concentration (8 - 30 g/lt). Therefore, smaller aeration tank is needed.
- Sludge formation is less
- Settling tank is not required
- Due to wastewater recycling, the sustainability of natural resources are provided.
- The quality of treated water is not suitable for reuse, it has to be discharged or tertiary treated for reuse where the water quality is not critical
- The system is operated with low MLSS concentration (3 - 5 g/lt). Therefore, larger aeration tank is needed so area requirement is high
- Sludge formation is high
- Settling tank is needed
- The wastewater can not be recycled so, natural resouces are consumed to obtain good quality water.