Municipalities, power, oil & gas, mining, resorts and many other industries need clean desalinated water for a huge variety of domestic, industrial and agricultural uses. IDE helps customers in these industries to solve their water challenges by listening first and then using the technological excellence and know-how that has been accumulated from close to fifty years of experience. During this time, IDE has achieved a continuous increase in desalination capacities of large-scale plants while dramatically reducing desalinated water costs, especially in BOT projects. This unmatched record has made IDE the clear leader of the world desalination market in general, and mega-size seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) in particular.
- Consistent quality standards: IDE’s small to large scale plants produce high quality drinking and industrial water from both seawater and brackish water, while meeting strict health and safety standards. Our plants provide approximately 3 million m3/day of clean water to dozens of millions of people globally for domestic and industrial use.
- Industry-leading efficiency: With the most experience in mega-sized thermal and membrane desalination, IDE consistently improves cost efficiencies.
- Proven project management track record: Close to 50 years of desalination success have proven IDE’s ability to deliver complex projects on time, within budget and above specifications.
IDE has designed and constructed most of the world’s mega-sized desalination plants, including the world’s largest and most advanced plant at Sorek, Israel. Through ongoing development of best-in-class technologies and working together with its partners, IDE has achieved a continuous increase in the desalination capacities of large-scale plants while dramatically reducing desalinated water costs on long-term BOT contracts.
This is due to the accumulated experience, technological excellence and know-how that we have built over close to 50 years, an unmatched record that has made IDE the clear leader of the world desalination market in general, and mega-size seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) in particular.
Recent innovations in plant design and RO technology, such as IDE’s 16” membranes in a vertical array pioneered in the Sorek plant in Israel, as well as the pressure centre design, have significantly decreased the overall cost of desalination using this technology. This has transformed the industry, as desalination is now more economically viable than ever and in more situations than before.
Lowest cost, maximum efficiency
IDE’s mega-sized plants deliver the industry’s lowest water costs in BOT projects, with low energy consumption, driven by:
- Customized Pretreatment systems - assure maximum efficiency and lifespan of Reverse Osmosis plants.
- Optimized Pressure Centre Design – using extremely efficient high-pressure pumps and process design to maximize membrane throughput and salt rejection.
- Energy Recovery System (ERS) that enables IDE plants to offer the industry’s lowest desalination energy consumption.
- The most advanced membranes - increasing efficiency while minimizing investment.
- Flexible financing packages – helping customers transform ambitious dreams into reality, all within accelerated deadlines and strict budgetary frameworks.
IDE’s modular Sea/Brackish Water Reverse Osmosis (SWRO/BWRO) units are ideal if you need a desalination solution that is flexible, able to grow and completely self-contained.
IDE utilizes the most recent Reverse Osmosis technologies for small to mid-size desalination projects. These are designed to provide high performance and reliability, together with ease of operation and low energy consumption.
IDE’s modular desalination solutions are ideally suited to growth situations. Starting with capacities of 500 m3/day, the systems can very easily be expanded to capacities in excess of 30,000 m3/day.
The equipment and materials of construction are selected from leading suppliers in order to maximize system reliability and minimize maintenance cost. The produced water conforms to World Health Organization regulations/requirements for potable water.
The supply of modular SWRO units eases transportation to site, reduces on-site erection activities, and saves on required infrastructure and buildings, resulting in significant reduction in project implementation cost and risks.
Key Benefits of IDE’s Modular SWRO Systems
- Increased operational efficiency and reliability
- Frequency converter (VFD)
- Post shut down product water flush
- Increased energy efficiency
- Lower opex
- Standard pretreatment with low velocity, pressurized, multi-media filters
- High quality materials of construction
- Simple operation
- Panel mounted instruments and indications
- Product Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) monitor
- High TDS shutdown
Optional Features for Membrane Solutions
- Supervision of installation and commissioning
- Supply of turnkey services
- Maintenance program
- Supervision of O&M contract
- Boron removal system
- Post treatment and polishing