Mercury - Model MC-3000 - Calibration Gas Generator
Applications: The MC-3000 is used for generating a continuous stream of a mercury vapor loaded gas stream in order to check or calibrate mercury analyzers. It is also suitable for all those applications where a gas stream with a preset and constant mercury concentration is needed.
- Generates elemental mercury vapor
- continuous operation
- approx. 10 ... 500 µg/m³ Hg°
- Compact sized and portable
- No permeation principle - no need to calibrate the calibrator
- Microprozessor controlled
An exactly adjustable carrier gas stream (normally air or nitrogen) is loaded with mercury in a first step. In a second step the gas is supersaturated by cooling. Subsequently the excess mercury is condensed in a special cell to get exact saturation. The gas is then diluted, the dilution ratio is continuously adjustable in order to obtain concentrations within a specific range.
The flow regulators and displays are mounted onto the front panel and are easily accessable. For mobile use the aluminium case has two carrying handles. The mercury containers are mounted inside of the case.
The quantity of mercury is sufficient to last for the calibrators life time.
The MC-3000 is easy to operate::
The device is placed on a flat surface and connected to the carrier gas source, for example a compressed air line. A portable air pump with a tank is delivered as an accessory. The MC-3000 is then switched on and the desired mercury concentration is set via keypad. After allowing for 30 minutes for stabilizing the calibrator delivers a constant stream of air with the pre-set mercury concentration.
- Range of concentrations: approx. 10 ... 500 µg / m³ Hg°
- Generated calibration gas flow: 1 ... 9 L / min, depending on conc.
- Carrier gas: Air, Nitrogen
- Carrier gas flow: max. 12.5 l / min
- Carrier gas pressure: 1 ... 3bar (8 ... 25 psi)
- Cleansing of carrier gas: built-in particulate filter: 0.2 µm
- Mercury absorption filter: sulphurized activated carbon at outlet
- Temperature sensors: Pt-100 with 0.01 °C accuracy
- Flowmeter: electronic mass flow controller (MFC)
- Connectors: for tubing 4mm i.d. / 6 mm o.d.
- Power supply: 230 VAC / 50 Hz (110 VAC / 60 Hz option)
- Power consumption: 30 VA
- Dimensions: 45 x 18 x 27 cm (W x H x D)
- Weight: approx. 4,7 kg
- ISO 9001
- As a leading supplier of high precision analytical equipment, we strive at all times to offer top quality solutions. Our products are manufactured according to the ISO 9001 quality regulations.