Met Mast Systems
KONA are official distributors and service centre for SLX MAST STRUCTURES, who are a leading manufacturer of Met Mast Systems in Ireland, UK and UAE.
Met masts are supplied in two categories;
TMM – Temporary Met Masts
PMM – Permanent Met Masts
A TMM is normally of generic design and constructed of guyed tubular or guyed lattice modules. Installed for a short period of time, normally one to three years, in order to provide wind resource data for assessing the viability of a site for future wind turbine deployment.
A PMM is a site specific design and constructed of guyed lattice or self supporting lattice modules. Installed for a wind farm operational lifecycle, normally 25 years, in order to provide independent hub height meteorological data to reference turbine power output.
All SLX met masts and instrument support booms are designed in accordance with IEC 61400.12.1 and certified in accordance with EN 1090-1:2009 + A1:2011 CE marking standards.
- SLX1 – guyed tubular TMM to 70m
- SLX2 – guyed lattice TMM (light duty) to 50m
- SLX3 – guyed lattice TMM (medium duty) to 80m
- SLX4 – guyed lattice TMM (medium duty) to 100m
- SLX4 – guyed lattice PMM (site specific design) to hub height
- SLX5 – self supporting lattice PMM (site specific design) to hub height
- SLX6 – self supporting lattice PMM – offshore
The met mast system is completed with a selection of Class 1 meteorological instruments, support booms, data logger, autonomous power supply, data communications, aircraft warning beacons, bird flight diverters, lightning protection, fall arrest and anti climbing devices.