Metrohm - Model VoltIC Professional - Linked System of IC and Voltammetry
VoltIC Professional unites ion chromatography and voltammetry in a single, powerful system for trace ion analysis. It enables fully automated, simultaneous determination of transition metals by VA and of anions and cations by IC. This is accompanied by considerable time and cost savings.
- The strengths of IC and voltammetry combined in one system
- Fully automated analysis of up to 56 samples
- Operation is done using a single software: MagIC Net
- Results for all parameters displayed in one database
VoltIC Professional performs simultaneous analyses by IC and by any voltammetric technique, including CVS.
So, whether your application involves comprehensive trace analysis or the determination of organic additives alongside ions in plating baths, VoltIC Professional is up for it.
Both the ion chromatograph and the VA stand are fed from the same sample vessel.
This means that you only need to prepare your sample once for the combined IC and VA analyses.
The system is operated using the proven MagIC Net software.
Results of the VA and IC analyses are all collected in the program’s own database and can be displayed in joint reports.
In the VoltIC Professional system, the VA and IC units share an autosampler that delivers samples to them, making VoltIC Professional an efficient and cost-saving alternative to separate VA and IC analyses. The autosampler accommodates up to 56 samples.
Combined analysis by IC and VA has applications in many fields – below are some examples.
- Environment: anions, cations and transition metals in water
- Electronics manufacture: Brightener by CVS and SPS component by IC in acid copper baths
- Power industry: anions and iron in water cycles (e.g., boiler feed water)