Performance Benefits of Catalytic Air Cleaners
Microlith catalytic air cleaners offer several performance benefits over alternative technologies.
- Ultra-compact size and low weight
- Direct electrical heating of the conductive substrate utilizing low power
- High energy and conversion efficiency
- Reduced maintenance and power requirements
- Improved durability for long term reliable operation
PCI is developing specialized zeolite-based adsorbent technologies utilizing the regenerative capabilities of resistively-heated Microlith. Under a NASA funded program, an integrated sorber-based Trace Contaminant Control System (TCCS) and Carbon Dioxide Removal Assembly (CDRA) prototype was designed, fabricated and tested. The technology is focused on adsorbing carbon dioxide, ammonia, ethanol, acetone, toluene and other contaminants from spacecraft cabin air and is targeted to replace currently used activated charcoal and CO2 adsorbent beds. Potential applications include spacecraft and submarine air cleansing and collective protection shelter air clean-up.