MilliporeSigma Milli-Q - Model IQ 7000 - Advances Lab Water Purification System
MilliporeSigma's customers are looking for compact, ergonomic systems and software so they can advance science, further faster. The Milli-Q(R) IQ 7000 lab water purification system allows scientists to focus on problem solving, without worrying about the purity of their water. MilliporeSigma's latest product reflects its legacy of pioneering innovations in lab water purification.
- Marks 50th anniversary of first lab water system launch
- First to use environmentally friendly, mercury-free UV lamps
MilliporeSigma's launch of the Milli-Q(R) IQ 7000 lab water purification system marks 50th anniversary of the company's first lab water system launch. This system is the first to use environmentally friendly, mercury-free UV lamps. Its smaller, ergonomic design reduces waste and helps increase productivity and accelerate research for scientists in the lab.
MilliporeSigma today announced the global launch of the Milli-Q IQ 7000 system, the seventh-generation Milli-Q water purification innovation. This launch marks 50 years of providing ultrapure water to scientists in laboratories all over the world. The company announced details about the water purification system during a press briefing at the Pittcon Conference & Expo 2017 in Chicago, Illinois.
'While there have been tremendous advancements in the lab, today's scientists continue to seek ways to improve reproducibility and reliability of data,' said Udit Batra, Member of the Executive Board, Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany and CEO, MilliporeSigma. 'Our customers are looking for compact, ergonomic systems and software so that they can advance science, further faster. Our new lab water system addresses these pain points, allowing scientists to focus on problem solving, without worrying about the purity of their water. This new system reflects our legacy of pioneering innovations in lab water purification.'
For half a century, MilliporeSigma has been the partner of choice for water purification systems and services for lab scientists who need to ensure their water is free of contaminants.
To ensure that MilliporeSigma's new water purification systems meet customers' evolving needs, the company combined customer feedback with its engineering and technical expertise to develop the Milli-Q IQ 7000 system—an even smaller, easier-to-use, device, designed with:
- ech2o mercury-free UV lamps for the photoxidation of organic contaminants
- Purification cartridges that are 33 percent smaller than previous versions
- High-definition digital touchscreen similar to a mobile phone display for simple operation
- Easy connection to lab networks through an integrated data management system that allows quick, easy access to information
- Includes custom reporting and global system data archive for traceability and paperless environment for generating reports
- Hibernation mode to maintain system water quality with reduced energy consumption
- Ergonomic, precise dispensing wheel with a wider range of ultrapure water dispensing options—from drop-by-drop up to 2 liters per minute
- Smaller footprint, free of tubing / cables for a smaller, clutter-free workspace
MilliporeSigma's leading brand, Milli-Q water, has become synonymous with ultrapure lab water, and is the most cited brand in peer-reviewed publications. Milli-Q systems have purification media that are tested and designed exclusively for MilliporeSigma, allowing the company to provide the best water quality to labs across the world.
MilliporeSigma's Milli-Q IQ 7000 system is the first product in an offering that will replace the existing bench-top Milli-Q Advantage A10 systems. It will be available for purchase in April 2017.
All Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany news releases are distributed by email at the same time they become available on the EMD Group website. In case you are a resident of the U.S. or Canada please go to www.emdgroup.com/subscribe to register again for your online subscription of this service as our newly introduced geo-targeting requires new links in the email. You may later change your selection or discontinue this service.