MiniFlex - Model 6G - Benchtop Powder X-ray Diffraction Instrument (XRD)
The Rigaku MiniFlex X-ray diffractometer (XRD) is historically significant in that it was the first commercial benchtop (tabletop or desktop) X-ray diffractometry instrument. When introduced in 1973, the original Miniflex™ benchtop XRD was about one-tenth the size, and dramatically less expensive, than conventional X-ray diffraction (XRD) equipment of the period.
The original instrument (Gen 1), and its successor that was introduced in 1976 (Gen 2), employed a horizontal goniometer with data output provided by an internal strip chart recorder. The third generation (Gen 3) benchtop diffractometer, introduced in 1995, was called Miniflex+. It provided a dramatic advance in X-ray power to 450 watts (by operating at 30kV and 15mA) and Windows® PC computer control. Both the Miniflex+ and the succeeding generations of bench diffractometers employ a vertical goniometer and allow the use of an automatic sample changer.
The fourth generation (Gen 4) Miniflex II benchtop XRD was introduced in 2006 and offered the advance of a monochromatic X-ray source and a D/teX Ultra 1D silicon strip detector. The fifth generation (Gen 5) MiniFlex600 desktop XRD, introduced in 2012, built upon this legacy with 600W of available power and new PDXL powder diffraction software.
The Gen 6 is the latest model available with an external or internal (built-in) chiller unit.
- New 6th generation ergonomics with 600W of power and in-built cooling
- Compact, fail-safe radiation enclosure a fully enclosed system on your benchtop
- Incident beam variable slit systems for enhanced resolution and the best data
- 8 Position Automatic Sample Changer (ASC) just load and go
- Range of detectors for 0D, 1D, 2D geometry for coarse grain and preferred orientation
- Portable footprint move it as and when you like
- Perfect for teaching, routine analysis and research the mini diffractometer that does it all