Minilys - Compact and Flexible Tissue Homogenizer
Especially designed for low throughput laboratory workflows, the Minilys personal tissue homogenizer homogenizes three samples simultaneously in 0.5mL or 2mL tubes and one sample in 7 ml tubes. Minilys is a compact and flexible tissue homogenizer to meet particular sample preparation needs for all laboratories working with biological samples. Especially designed to offer optimal grinding, lysing and homogenizing efficiency, Minilys is capable of handling 3 x 2mL/0.5mL tubes or 1 x 7mL tube to process any type of samples. Its manual but not screw-in locking system makes Minilys an easy-pick-up laboratory instrument. Affordable, Minilys offers the best personal homogenization solution. Minilys homogenizer is ideal for daily lab workflow. Associated with the appropriate lysing kit, Minilys can even grind difficult samples like grains or hairs.
Flexible, efficient and easy-to-use tissue homogenizer
Minilys is a compact and flexible tissue homogenizer that fulfills sample preparation needs in the laboratory.
The Minilys offers an optimal mix between efficiency and flexibility. It is especially designed to offer the optimal efficiency of grinding, lysing and homogenization in order to get access to DNA/RNA, proteins and small molecules.
Minilys is capable of handling 3 tubes of 2mL/0.5mL or 1 tube of 7mL for any type of sample processing.
Its user-friendly locking system makes the Minilys the best choice for any research laboratory.
Flexible homogenizer for rapid sample disruption
- Compact homogenizer with 3D bead beating
- Flexible & ready-to-use: wide range of samples and parameters
- Get access to DNA/RNA, proteins & small molecules
- Minimun bench space
Small and compact, Minilys tissue homogenizer requires minimal bench space in your laboratory
Especially designed for low-throughput laboratory workflows and personal use, Minilys homogenizes three samples simultaneously in 0.5ml/2 ml tubes or 1 sample in 7 ml.
Minilys offers the possibility to process either 3 x 0.5, 1.5 or 2mL tubes at once or 1 x 7mL tube.
With only two parameters to choose from (speed and time) the Minilys is operational immediately. The non screw-in system to block the tubes makes the Minilys easy-to-use.
Minilys is the only small homogenizer based on 3D motion that reaches 5 000rpm. This speed allows users to grind even hard samples like skin or hair.
The Minilys is the only personal homogenizer based on a 8-figure 3D-motion (multi-directional) movement of the tubes. The same high level of energy given to the beads inside each tube ensures equal homogenization efficiency for all processed samples. Thanks to this complex movement, the Minilys can disrupt any type of sample (even the hardest) in seconds with perfect reproducibility while limiting heat generation. The system used to secure the tubes is manual and very easy to use compared to a screw-in system that can be awkward.
Abstracts of some application notes related to Minilys.
To access all application notes and full versions, visit the Application Center.
- Protein extraction from mouse soft tissues, Immunotherapix, Paris, France, Pharmaceutical sciences (code: 03712-810-DU048)
- RNA extraction from Arabidopsis with Minilys, Institute of Plant Molecular Biology – CNRS, Univ. of Strasbourg, France, Agronomy (code: 03712-810-DU049)
- Mycoviral double-stranded RNA extraction from plant leaf with Minilys, Tokyo University of Agricultural and Technology, Institute of Agriculture, division of Bio-regulation and Bio-interaction, Japan, Agronomy (code: 03712-810-DU051)
- Drug extraction from whole iris-ciliary body pork, PharmOptima, Portage MI, USA, Pharmaceutical sciences (code: 03712-810-DU056)
- RNA Extraction from Mouse Tissues using the Minilys, Cystic Fibrosis and Pulmonary Research Center, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, Biomedical & Health sciences (code: 03712-810-DU078)
Register for the Application Center and access more than 1000 scientific references.
- from 1 to 3 x 2mL, 0.5mL or 1.5mL tubes
- 1 x 7mL tube
- 3000, 4000 & 5000 rpm
- Manual (no screw-in system)
- from 5s to 240s
- 17lb / 7 kg
- Length 180mm x Width 290mm x Height 380mm
- 100 – 230 VAC / 50-60 Hz / Power 1 kVA
- less than 70 dB
- CE and FCC part 15 certified
- Microtube adapter set: This option for Minilys allows users to process up to 3 microtubes of 1.5mL at once.
- 7mL rack: Specific rack to handle 12 x 7mL tubes at once
- Centrifuge adaptor for 7mL tubes: Specific adaptor to put 7mL tubes in a centrifuge instead of 15mL Falcon tubes