The Ion Science MiniPID 2 HS is a simple plug and play sensor designed to detect a wide range of volatile organic compound gases (VOCs) at sub ppb concentrations. Designed for OEMs, the MiniPID 2 HS high sensitivity PID sensor is the latest in the range of PID sensors from Ion Science for sub-ppb level detection. The ground-breaking MiniPID 2 HS is 15 times more sensitive than the existing MiniPID 2 ppb sensor. It is capable of detecting trace levels of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) over a long period of time making it ideal for indoor air quality monitoring applications. It is also well suited to clean rooms, fence line monitoring, industrial hygiene, site soil and air sampling, fugitive emissions, volatile spills, law enforcement and emergency response. >3 ppm range, 0.5 ppb MDL, 10.6 eV.
Delivering a dependable response to thousands of VOCs across many diverse applications, the MiniPID 2 HS is a simple plug and play sensor providing a wide detection range of 0.5 ppb up to 3 parts per million (ppm). Ion Science’s MiniPID 2 HS also features a re-designed, pneumatically sealed electrode stack for high sensitivity and a wide detection range.
An innovative self-diagnostic feature indicates whether the electrode stack is contaminated or if the sensor is not operating correctly. The MiniPID 2 HS incorporates Ion Science’s long-life lamp that offers 10,000 hours continuous operation. Together with exceptional brightness and improved stability, this facilitates reliable detection of less volatile and less readily sensed compounds, over an extended period of time.
Like Ion Science’s other market-leading sensors, MiniPID 2 HS incorporates patented Fence Electrode Technology which is proven to resist humidity and contamination for optimum detection of VOCs in challenging environments.
Amongst the benefits offered by Ion Science’s MiniPID 2 HS sensor are its low running current, robust lamp illumination, reliable operation at extreme temperatures and ease of serviceability.
The MiniPID 2 HS is designed for both diffusive and in-line pumped sampling, delivering an exceptional response time and clear down. It boasts intrinsically safe certification and is ATEX, IECEx, II 1G Ex ia IIC T4 Ga accredited.
- Patented humidity resistant technology
- 10,000 hours continuous lamp life
- 10.6 eV UV lamp
- High sensitivity for sub-ppb level detection
- 12- month warranty (not including stacks)
- Sensor lifetime >5 years (excluding lamp and electrode stack)
- Manufactured in the UK
- Removable, pneumatically sealed electrode stack
- Certified Intrinsic Safety
- Series 4/A1 format
- Electrode Stack Colour: Red
- Minimum Detection Limit: 0.5 ppb
- Range: 0 – 3 ppm
- T90 Response Time (Seconds): <12
- Sensitivity: >600 mV/ppm
Power and Signal
- Supply Voltage (using internal regulator): 3.6 – 18 V (non intrinsically safe 10 – 18 V)
- Supply Voltage (using a regulated power supply): 3 – 3.6 V
- Current: 20 – 32 mA (130 mA for 100 ms at start up)
- Power Consumption: 100 mW at 3.3 V
- Output Signal (using internal regulator): 0 – 3.2 V
- Output Signal (using a regulated power supply): 0 to rail voltage – 0.1 V
- Recommended Operational Temperature Range: 0 – 40 °C
- Relative Humidity Range: 0 – 99% RH, non condensing
Lifetime and Warranty
- Expected Life: >5 years
- Lamp Life: 10,000 hours
- Warranty : 10.6 eV lamp and MiniPID Body –12 months
Patents and Certification
- Patents: US 7,046,012 EC 1474681
- Europe: ATEX Ex II 1G Ex ia IIC Ga (-40 °C ≤ Ta ≤ +55 °C) @ 1.1W, (-40 °C ≤ Ta ≤ +65 °C) @ 0.9W
- Worldwide: IECEx Ex II 1G Ex ia IIC Ga (-40 °C ≤ Ta ≤ +55 °C) @ 1.1W, (-40 °C ≤ Ta ≤ +65 °C) @ 0.9W