MiniTRACE Gamma - Model S10S & S100S - Portable Survey Meter Device
The MiniTRACE γ is a survey meter specifically designed for the measurement of X & Gamma radiations, as well as the improvement of the safety of employees in controlled areas of nuclear power plants, reprocessing facilities, treatment centers & hospitals.
Light & sturdy, the MiniTRACE γ survey meter measures personal exposure, along with X & Gamma radiations, to improve workers’ safety in hazardous environments.
The MiniTRACE γ is available in 2 versions – S10S & S100S – each with its own energy & measurement range.
In accordance with the ALARA principle (As Low As Reasonably Achievable), the MiniTRACE γ allows for the assessment of personal exposure hazard faced by workers in controlled zones of nuclear power plants, reprocessing facilities, treatment centers & hospitals, etc. to help them better adapt their daily work according to the risk.
Ergonomic & easy to use, it also meets the operational needs of public service’s units, such as firefighters, first responders, HAZardous MATerial teams, early warning & rapid response cells, radiation protection specialists (PCR), etc.
Fitted with fast response time (≈1 second), the MiniTRACE γ survey meter measures instantaneously the ambient dose equivalent rate H*(10) or the gamma radiation exposure levels, with a high level of autonomy (approximately 2,000 hours).
The MiniTRACE γ is also equipped with a built-in memory able to save up to 650 measured values of instant & accumulated radiation dose.
Both MiniTRACE γ S10S & S100S are available in radio version (S10R & S100R), allowing for survey meters to be integrated into a
ShortLINK/SkyLINK communication network, with a maximum reach of 20 kilometers.
Gamma dose measurement
The MiniTRACE γ survey meter gives fast response time (≈1 second) & has four configurable alarm thresholds with an infrared interface, along with an audible & visual alarm. It is also equipped with an internal memory capable of storing up to 650 measured values of instant & accumulated radiation dose.
The MiniTRACE γ survey meter works with two AA batteries, with an estimated life span of 2,000 hours in operation. Maintenance costs are thus sharply reduced.
Rugged & quality system
- Thanks to an ultra-durable housing & a cover rubber, the MiniTRACE γ is well-suited for field-use in complex environments.
- It is compliant with the IEC 60068-2-27 standard.
- Option: When equipped with a plastic cover, the device becomes waterproof & achieves the specified IP67 enclosure protection.
Radio version (S10R & S100R): secured wireless data transmission
Equipped with a radio module, the MiniTRACE γ can be connected to a ShortLINK/SkyLINK communication network thanks to the DataEXPERT supervision software, & be integrated into a global environmental radiation monitoring system (ERMS).
The MiniTRACE γ survey meter detects X & Gamma radiations with a 1-second response time, by means of an energy compensated Geiger-Müller detector.
It is fitted with an in-built memory capable of storing up to 650 measured values of instant & accumulated radiation dose. The S100S version’s measurement range of dose equivalent rate extends from 1 µSv/h to 100 mSv/h.
- All the measured values stored in the device’s in-built memory can be read with the infrared interface by using a communication kit.
- In addition, a global positioning system (GPS) can be integrated into the survey meter, thus facilitating the real-time zone’s cartography.
- Incorporated into an environmental radiation monitoring system, the S10R & S100R radio versions of the MiniTRACE γ can be fitted with a wireless, ultra-high frequency (UHF) transmit module, allowing it to pair with a ShortLINK (transmission up to 2 km.) or SkyLINK (transmission up to 20 km.) network, supervised by the DataEXPERT software.
- Rubber cover (included)
- Communication kit (DataVIEW/PRO & infrared transmitter)
- Transparent plastic cover
- Belt case
- Wall support
- Transport case (Pelicase®)
Type of radiation:
- X and gamma
Type of monitor
- Energy-compensated Geiger Mueller tube
Dose rate' unit of measurement:
- μSv/h, mSv/h (option mR/h)
- S10S / S10R: from 0.5 µSv/h to 10 mSv/h
- S100S / S100R: from 1 µSv/h to 100 mSv/h
- S10S / S10R: from 0.01 µSv/h to 10 mSv/h
- S100S / S100R: from 0.01 µSv/h to 100 mSv/h
- S10S / S10R: from 42 keV to 2.8 MeV
- S100S / S100R: from 42 keV to 3 MeV
- 650 measurement data
- audible & visual alarms, with 4 configurable thresholds
- between -20°C & +50°C (-4°F & 122°F)
- 2 MIGNON batteries (AA, LR6, MN1500) 1,5V
- 60846 IEC for radiation protection instrumentation & 61000 IEC for Electromagnetic compatibility
- 60068-2-27 IEC for impact resistance
- up to 2,000 hours
- IP44 / IP67 with a protecting case
- up to 20 km. (S10R/S100R radio versions)