The MiniVisc 3000 series (formerly the SpectroVisc Q3000 Series) viscometers are the first truly portable, solvent-free, temperature-controlled kinematic viscometers, providing high-accuracy measurements for easy detection of viscosity variations caused by contamination, mix-up and oil degradation. The devices were designed to determine kinematic viscosity at 40C in the field for applications where immediate results are essential for determining the health of critical equipment.
MiniVisc 3000 viscometers use a patented split cell design that enables measurement of kinematic viscosity using only a few drops (60µL) of oil. When closed, the center pieces of the split cell form a funnel with 100 micron gap allowing oil to flow down by gravity. Sensors along the funnel are triggered when oil flows by and flow time between two sensors is measured. The kinematic viscosity is then calculated. When opened, the split cell can be easily cleaned with a non-abrasive cleaning pad and ready for next sample. The split cell is controlled at 40C throughout the measurement.
The test time is proportional to viscosity, ranging from a few seconds to several minutes. The cleanliness of oil or color has no impact of the viscosity result.
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement
- Split-cell capillary channel
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, battery and microprocessor
- Small sample size
- Temperature controlled: 40°C ± 0.1°C
- Works with transparent and opaque oils
- No cleaning solvent necessary
- Weighs less than 1.8 kg (4 lbs.)
- Battery operated
- A measure of a liquid’s flow under the influence of gravity is provided at a constant temperature, so viscosity can be compared and trended with prior readings. Requires no density check, temperature measurement, instrument pre-configuration or calculation.
- Using a very small sample size; the sampling chamber controls temperature while infrared sensors measure flow and trajectory, delivering immediate results.
- Enables easy operation, in sunlight or low light, drawing minimal power for a 6-hour battery life. Requires no PC.
- Small sample size of 60µl (about 4 drops) is easy to obtain without impacting lubricant level. Reduces waste.
- Each sample is held to a constant temperature for consistently accurate readings without additional pre-test measurements
- Provides accurate results for even the dirtiest samples.
- Eliminates worry about solvent disposal in remote locations. Fewer items to carry.
- Designed for remote locations, the SpectroVisc Q3000 series includes a hinged cover that protects the sample chamber and touch screen while being carried by hand, in a toolbox or in a knapsack.
- Stays charged for more than 6 hours. Built-in universal charger for use worldwide; region-specific power cable included.
The MiniVisc units compliment nicely with other portable oil analysis tools. They are all battery operated and require no solvent to clean.