MistBuster - Model 500 - Mist Collector & Eliminator
From Metal Machining
The MistBuster 500 is a mist collector designed to capture and clean mist and smoke from metalworking applications in industry. Patented technology insures high efficiency with no disposable filters in a compact machine mounted package. A variety of mounting options on this mist collector allow for maximum versatility.
MistBuster is the best value for a compact, energy efficient, reliable mist collection solution.
- High efficiency air filtration through the use of industrial grade electronic cells designed for low static pressure with ultimate efficiency up to 97.8% on all submicron particles, as measured by an independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 500 CFM.
- Reliable operation based on in-depth knowledge of air filtration design, all electrical components are in a sealed compartment, isolated from the air stream and added to our patented AQE Advantage cell to reduce maintenance.
- Versatile design through a patented coolant selector switch, the MistBuster electronic line of air cleaners can handle the electronic requirements of water based or oil based coolant collection that cause other air cleaners to fail.
- Ease of installation through direct machine mount, ceiling mount, wall mount, or floor mount via a pedestal stand.
- Comprehensive solutions for a wide range of machining operations designed for single to multiple machine tool applications using electronic precipitation and for applications requiring it – media and odor control based systems.
- Compact, energy efficient design drawing as little as 1 amp under full load, and as small in size as a household microwave.
Air Quality Engineering stands behind the quality of the MistBuster with a limited 36 month warranty.
- Model: MB500
- Airflow: Variable to 500 cfm
- Cabinet: 16 gauge steel cabinet with powder coated chemical resistant baked enamel, available in ivory or gray textured finish
- Power Input:
- 115 Vac, 60 Hz, 1 ph, 2 amps
- 230 Vac, 60 Hz, 1ph, 1 amp
- Efficiency: Ultimate efficiency up to 97.8% on all submicron particles as measured by independent lab test in accordance with ASHRAE standard 52.2 at 500 CFM
- Filtration Stages:
- 1st Stage 2″ baffled inertial impinger
- 2nd Stage 2″ aluminum mesh impinger
- 3rd Stage AQE Advantage (Long Life)
- Electronic Cell
- 4th Stage Optional HEPA filter 99.97% efficiency, ESF Filter, or Carbon Module
- Self-regulating, dual voltage solid state power supply
- Patented water/oil coolant collector selector
- Patented design for long term high efficiency
- Backward curved, vibration-free, direct drive motorized impeller rated at 710 cfm
- Ten-foot power cord with molded plug
- Quick release connectors for fast, easy side panel access
- Dimensions: Cabinet 27.10″ L x 13.49″ W x 17.12″ H
- Inlet Opening: 16.62″ x 9.08″
- 65 lbs. installed
- 76 lbs. shipping
- Capable of being shipped via UPS
- Machine Mount Stand - Pedestal Stand
- Ceiling Mount Kit - Wall Mount Kit - Plenum
- Diffuser - HEPA Postfilter - ESF Postfilter
- Carbon Module - Machine Tool Activated Control
While electrostatic mist collectors provide a high-efficiency filtration system for mist and smoke collection, they sometimes require frequent washing of the electronic filter cell. Cell washing is required when collected contaminants cause a short circuit in the cell. Using next generation technology, individual test sites have seen service intervals increase from monthly washing, to yearly washing of the collector cells. Individual results will vary.
MistBuster’s patented next generation technology aims to minimize the short circuits which require the washing of the electronic filter cells through:
- Floating ionizer contact
- Proprietary ceramic insulator design
- Enhanced cell end plates
- Patented collector fin design
- Internal cabinet “air break”
- Patented variable voltage coolant selector