Sweed - Model 16-50 - Cleaning Alligator Shear
From Sweed Shears
The 16-50 Alligator Shear is ideal as a cleaning shear for light to medium reduction of ferrous and non-ferrous materials. The large oil reservoir and cooling unit allow this shear to operate in extreme weather conditions without overheating. This unit has a shearing capacity of 50 tons and a 16” blade length, making the Sweed 16-50 well suited for cutting skeleton plate, reinforcing bar, light mesh material, and mild steel round bar.
The recommended model of shear is determined by scrap size, scrap volume, and requested custom features. The following are materials commonly processed through the 16-50. Please consult a Sweed representative to determine the appropriate shear for your application.
- 1 1/4” Square Mild Steel Bar
- 1 1/4” Round Mild Steel Bar
- 3/8” × 9” Flat Mild Steel Bar
- Fork Pockets for ease of mobility
- Foot pedal control
- Left or right hand feed
- High temperature shut-off
- Adjustable hold down device
- Made and supported in the USA
- One year warranty