Model 317G - Compact Track Loader
With superior pushing power and breakout force, the 317G CTL delivers the tractive effort and leverage to dig-in where other machines just spin. The optional 15.8-inch-wide track is just 4.5 psi, so you can work in soft underfoot conditions and increase side-slope stability. The redesigned vertical-lift boom rises up to 10 ft. 1 in. and delivers best-in-class lifting and truck-loading ability while the optional deluxe LED lighting package, with integrated side lighting, enhances the view of the jobsite. Combined with 2,125-lb. rated operating capacity, the 317G can precisely place pallets and carry the big loads.
- EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV Yanmar diesel engine meet rigid emission regulations
- Clear sightlines above and below boom
- Optimized power-to-weight ratio
- Swing-out hydraulic coolers
- Superior pushing power and breakout force deliver the tractive effort and leverage to dig in where other machines just spin.
- Equipped with optional 15.8-in.-wide track, the 317G CTL’s ground pressure is just 4.5 psi, letting you work in soft underfoot conditions. Helps increase side-slope stability, too. Ground pressure with standard 12.6-in.-wide track is only 5.5 psi.
- With widths at less than 72 in. with optional 15.8-in. track and just over 65 in. with standard 12.6-in. track, little gets in the way of the 317G CTL. Its small stature makes it easy to trailer, too.
- Clear sightlines to the cutting edge and bucket corners, above and below the lift arms, and the jobsite ahead and behind instill close-quarters’ confidence.
- With go-everywhere rubber track undercarriage, universal Quik-Tatch, and auxiliary hydraulics, the 317G CTL is fully equipped to tackle a seemingly endless variety of tasks.
- New integrated boom tie-down location enables easy access without having to crawl under the machine.
- Redesigned vertical-lift boom rises to 10 ft. 1 in. Combined with a 2,125-lb. rated operating capacity, the 317G CTL precisely places pallets and carries big loads
- Boom design keeps the load close to the machine, for better stability. The low center of gravity and superior balance provide exceptional agility and stability on slopes.
- The 30-degree bucket rollback, optional hydraulic self-leveling, and optional ride control also helps keep buckets full and forks loaded.
- Smooth-running turbocharged 2.1-L EPA Final Tier 4 (FT4)/EU Stage IV diesels meet rigid emission standards and pack plenty of power and torque.
- Large coolers provide increased heat rejection for superior performance in severe, high-load conditions. Engine-mounted belt-driven cooling fan delivers efficient, reliable performance.
- A standard automatic shutdown system prevents overheating or low fluids from ruining more than just your day.
- Designed for machines working in cold environments, the optional new cold-start package includes a heavy-duty 925-cca battery, a block-heater kit, and a hydraulic unloader that reduces parasitic loads.
- Larger entryways with swing-out doors make it easier to get in, get comfortable, and get on with it. Inside, there’s more productivity-enhancing foot- and legroom.
- Overhead panel conveniently places machine info on the left, control switches to the right. Easy-to-read LCD monitor provides a wealth of info and control — including vital operating conditions and advanced diagnostics.
- Optional sealed-switch module provides amenities such as keyless start and anti-theft settings, plus fingertip activation of numerous machine functions including optional ride control and hydraulic self-leveling.
- Like all John Deere machines, personal-protection features abound. In-cab-activated boom lock and triple-interlock operator-presence system help keep harm’s way at bay.
- Electrohydraulic (EH) joysticks are standard.
- For year-round comfort, air conditioning is available.
- Optional LED light package with integrated side lighting provides unsurpassed all-round illumination.
- Adjustable high-back sculpted seat provides daylong comfort and support. For even more comfort, a heated air-ride seat is available on all models.
- Incorporating many of the same durability and reliability features found on our larger machines, the G-Series is as tough as they come.
- Oil-bathed final-drive chains withstand daily punishment and never need adjustment. Beefed-up drive sprockets also deliver long-term durability.
- Refueling and other fluid additions are convenient and quick. Generous tank capacity and fuel-efficient diesels enable daylong operation, letting you accomplish more between fill-ups.
- Large cross-section boom arms and heavy-duty upper links deliver the stamina to endure tough tasks, for long-term durability.
- O-ring face-seal hydraulic fittings virtually eliminate aggravating and costly oil leaks.
- Switches and electrical connectors are sealed from moisture and dirt, to help resist corrosion.
- Spring-applied hydraulically released wet-disc park brakes never need adjustment, to help take the pressure off sure stops.
- Swing-out rear door enables easy, ground-level access to daily service checkpoints and cooling system components. If major component access is necessary, the ROPs can be tilted in less than five minutes.
- Redesigned Quik-Tatch system is optimized for effortless reach to grease zerks, minimizing maintenance time and expense.
- Swing open the rear door and tilt up the hood for convenient ground-level access to dipsticks, fuel- and fluid-filler necks, and filters. For easy drivetrain access, the operator’s station also swings up and out of the way in less than five minutes.
- Hinged rear door and hydraulic cooler swing open, making trash removal and core cleanout easier.
- If you’re a neat freak or run a rental yard, you’ll appreciate the convenient floor access that helps speed cleanout.
- Color-coded handles and caps on conveniently positioned dipsticks and filler necks simplify checks and additions.
- See-through reservoirs and sight gauges let you see fuel, hydraulic oil, and windshield washer fluid levels at a glance.
- With over 100 models of Worksite Pro™ attachments available, your G-Series machine can be hooked up with a wide variety of options. And with the universal Quik-Tatch™, you can go from bucket, to forks, to whatever, in just seconds.
- Choose from rock, multipurpose, construction, utility, and tooth buckets in varying widths and capacities. New grading-heel bucket excels at back dragging.
- Brush, scrap, and utility grapples employ two hydraulic-actuated dual-action tongs for superior retention of a wide variety of materials.
- Equipped with a snow blower, snow pusher, utility blade, or angle broom, the G-Series machine makes quick work of clearing whatever winter drops your way.
- Perfect for concrete or asphalt flatwork, our angle brooms, vibratory rollers, cold planers, hydraulic breakers, and wide variety of buckets let you hit the road running.
- Landscape and nursery options include rotary tillers, planetary augers, pallet forks, power rakes, landplanes, dozer blades, and roller levels, to list just a few.
- For handling hay, cleaning pens, rebedding stalls, or numerous other agricultural chores, add utility grapples, material/manure scrapers, pallet forks, bale spears, and buckets to get it done.
- Chrome exhaust stack
- Engine air precleaner kit
- Cold-weather starting package
- Connect-under-pressure auxiliary couplers
- Keyless-start sealed-switch module with integrated anti-theft system
- Deluxe LED lighting package with additional side lights (2)
- Vinyl cab enclosure
- Glass cab enclosure
- Sliding/locking glass side windows
- Deluxe vinyl suspension seat
- Air-ride cloth, heated seat
- Air-ride vinyl seat
- Heater with defroster
- Air conditioning with heater/defroster
- Hydraulic self-leveling on/off and ride control
- EH joystick performance package
- AM/FM/Weather-Band (WB) radio with auxiliary input
- Floor mat with left footrest
- Severe-duty cab door and wiper system
- Boom-mounted side mirrors
- Power Quik-Tatch
- Hydraulic self-leveling on/off
- Rear counterweights (2), 45.36 kg (100 lb.)
- Single-point lift kit
Lift Geometry: Vertical
Engine Manufacturer: Yanmar
Engine Model: 4TNV86CHT
Emission Rating: Tier 4
Displacement, ltr (Inches³): 2.1 (128)
Rated Speed, rpm: 2600
Engine Output - Net, kW (hp): 45.6 (61)
Engine Output - Gross, kW (hp): 48.5 (65)
Torque, Nm (lbf / ft): 207 (153)
Track Shoe Width, mm (inches): 320 (12.6)
Length - No Bucket, mm (inches): 2630 (103)
Length - With Bucket, mm (inches): 3240 (127.6)
Width - No Bucket, mm (inches): 1650 (65.1)
Height - Top Of Cab, mm (inches): 1990 (78.5)
Ground Clearance, mm (inches): 210 (8.3)
Rear Departure Angle, °: 32.3
Track Gauge, mm (inches): 1330 (52.5)
Height to Hinge Pin, mm (inches): 3070 (121)
Dump Angle, °: 42
Dump Height - Maximum, mm (inches): 2430 (95.6)
Rollback - Ground Level, °: 30
Fuel Tank, ltr (gallons (US)): 71 (19)
Rated Operating Capacity, kg (lbs): 965 (2125)
Tipping Load, kg (lbs): 2756 (6070)
Ground Bearing Pressure, kPa (PSI): 38 (5.5)
Speed - Maximum, kph (mph): 11.3 (7)
Breakout - Lift, kN (lbf): 22.2 (5000)
Breakout - Bucket, kN (lbf): 26.6 (6000)
Hydraulic Power, kW (hp): 23.159 (31)
Pump Flow, lt/min (gallons (US) / min): 59 (16)
System Pressure, bar (PSI): 237.87 (3450)
Operating Weight, kg (lbs): 3721 (8195)