Model 400 - Compact Beach Raking Machine
The 400 is the most compact beach rake in the SURF RAKE lineup. It weighs 1,900 pounds and can lift up to 2,400 pounds in its one (1) cubic yard hopper. Its hydraulic operated hopper places collected material neatly on the ground. Within one (1) hour, the 400 can effectively clean up to five (5) acres of beach sand.
Surf Rake beach cleaners are operated by one person from the seat of a towing tractor. They provide safe, fast, and efficient beach cleaning.
Here's how they work…
- The beach cleaner's moldboard levels uneven areas in the sand to ensure an even surface for cleaning and controls the cleaning depth. It also guides the machine over large submerged objects, which protects the conveyor system and promises low-maintenance operation for the duration of the beach cleaner's life.
- Individually replaceable stainless steel tines mounted on a belt-covered bar flight conveyor then rake debris from the sand toward the adjustable moldboard deflector plate, removing surface and submerged debris with ease.
- As a result, refuse bounces off the beach cleaner's deflector moldboard and is deposited on the elevating portion of the conveyor , which transports the refuse to the hopper, while residual sand falls through the perforations in the conveyor. Finally, the hopper/bucket of the beach cleaner can be hydraulically raised and tripped to dispose of its contents into a truck or container up to 9 feet high.
The Raking/Sifting Hybrid S-Belt
- The S-belt is a perforated NRB Rubber belt with nylon layers that is practically wear-resistant and contains rows of mounted stainless steel tines. When the tines capture debris onto the beach cleaner's conveyor, the perforations allow residual sand to fall back onto the beach, allowing the beach cleaner to only remove debris.
- This maximizes tine penetration and removal of extremely fine debris like cigarette butts
- Perforations reduce risk of residual sand removal
- Elimination of residual sand reduces dump cycles and bulk waste removal costs
- The conveyor is easier to clean and clear of debris
Beach Cleaner Hydraulic Drive
The SURF RAKE beach cleaner line features a hydraulic drive for smooth operation with major advantages . First, it provides excellent maneuverability. Power is transferred through a flexible hose, allowing the beach cleaner to clean while turning in the tightest of areas. Second, the beach cleaner's flow control permits fine adjustments of the conveyor belt speed, independent of the tractor. Third, the hydraulic drive maintains the operator's safety by eliminating exposed turning shafts. Fourth, the adjustable over-flow engages and resets automatically to protect our beach cleaners from oversized objects.
Hundreds of tines mounted in offset rows rake through the sand every second, removing the unwanted debris. Accordingly, our beach cleaner machines are capable of capturing even the smallest objects from the sand such as glass, cigarette butts and pop-tops and depositing them in the hopper, leaving the sand cleaner, safer and more inviting.
Extra Strength Stainless Steel Alloy Tine
A new double torsion, three-coil stainless steel tine offers double the life, greater durability and improved resistance to corrosion in saltwater environments. Quality, durable and corrosion resistant components are important to any beach cleaner's operation. Tines are individually replaceable on each beach cleaner for simplified maintenance.
- DIMENSIONS : H : 4'5' L : 9'10' W : 7'6'
- WEIGHT : Approximately 1900 lbs
- CLEANING WIDTH : 6 feet
- CLEANING DEPTH : Adjustable to 6'
- OPERATING SPEEDS : 1.0 to 15.0 miles per hour
- DEBRIS REMOVED : Broken glass, plastic, syringes, cigarette butts, pop-tops, straws, cans, tar balls, stones 3/8' to 6' in diameter, sea grass, seaweed, fish, small pieces of wood. - See more at : http : //www.hbarber.com/Cleaners/SurfRake/Specifications.html#sthash.cf0bN3gV.dpuf
- PERFORMANCE : Cleans up to 5 acres per hour
- HOPPER : I cubic yard (2,400 lbs cap)
- DUMP HEIGHT : GROUND
- TIRES : 31 x 13.5 x 15 high flotation design
- CONVEYOR : Of bar flight type, covered with continuous 4' wide belt, with stainless steel spring tines mounted on it.
- HYDRAULIC DRIVE : Completely sealed andprotected by full flow filter. Large capacity spline mounted pump, hydraulic motor, flow control, and built-in overflow protection.
- HYDRAULIC FLOW : 12 gallons per minute
- HYDRAULIC CAP : II gallons
- CYLINDERS : Trip 1' x 10' single acting
- PAINT : Dupont IMRON Polyurethane enamel
- TRACTOR30 PTO horsepower 4-wheel drive agricultural type tractor with 28' rear wheels.
- OTHER TRACTOR REQUIREMENTS : 540 RPM rear PTO, 3-point hitch and depending on model and options, up to two remote hydraulic valves with raise, hold and float positions. Larger or smaller tractors may be used depending on beach conditions. - See more at : http : //www.hbarber.com/Cleaners/SurfRake/Specifications.html#sthash.cf0bN3gV.dpuf
The SURF RAKE line of sand cleaners is the most versatile beach cleaning machinery on the market. By utilizing a 'top-down' cleaning method of tine raking and leveraging Barber's patented perforated conveyor system, the SURF RAKE excels at removing all kinds of unwanted material from sand. While the following list only provides a sampling of the kinds of material the SURF RAKE can lift from the sand, it offers further insights into the machinery's various sand cleaning applications. Click the pictures to view slideshows, videos, and to learn more about the SURF RAKE's effectiveness at solving these common beach problems.
The Finisher Assembly acts as a final beach grooming tool and attaches to the rear of all Barber SURF RAKES. After the sand has been purified, the finisher smooths the tire tracks and gives the beach a combed appearance. In addition to creating an inviting path, the finisher is easily controlled. It can be set to automatically lower and raise when the PTO and conveyor are activated from the cab of the tractor, eliminating the need to think about it and streamlining the cleaning process.
Double the life of the SURF RAKE frame by having it Hot Dip Galvanized! The entire steel frame of the machine is immersed in molten zinc. This creates a tough protective coating that is metallurgically bonded to the steel inside and out. This process increases the beach rake's resistance to corrosion in the harsh saltwater and sand environment.