Model B4 - Wind Watermill
The Bosman Wind watermill has a reason for being the most frequent mill in Dutch landscape. We have been providing this mill since 1929 and in the meantime, we have come to its fourth generation.
The use of wind for driving the pumps is economically attractive and an environmental solution for water transport. This especially applies for areas, where electricity is not available. The wind watermill therefore was only being used in the Netherlands to drain polders, but nowadays also in nature with so-called wetland situations. The mill already works with speeds, higher than 3 m/s (1 Bft.). With an easy float system, fully automatic level control has been made possible. Under normal circumstances (especially open terrain), this mill can take care of an area of 20 to 25 acres.
- drainage of cultivated land in general
- irrigation of cultivated land, such as delta areas
- irrigation of natural areas
- water level control in fish ponds, salt pans and natural areas
- circulation of otherwise still water with regard to its refreshment
- fully automatic, adjustable level control
- standard modular construction
- prefab concrete foundation
- tower made hot-dipped galvanized steel
- long service life
- no power costs