Model BTE Series - Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinet
From Laboratory Equipment
The Class II, Type B Laminar Flow Biological Safety Cabinet provides protection for the user and the product from particulate, gases/fumes and aerosol hazards. The work area is continuously bathed with positive pressure ISO 5/Class 100 HEPA-filtered air while creating a negative pressure airflow into the cabinet to provide user protection. All of the air entering the hood is ducted/vented to the outside of the building.
BTE Series (Class II, Type B) Biological Safety Cabinets
Germfree's Biological Safety Cabinets are constructed of all-welded stainless steel with a pharmaceutical grade finish.
- Outer cabinet and work surface are welded stainless steel with a #4 pharmaceutical grade finish.
- Front lifting viewing panel is easily removed and is gasketed to provide a proper seal when in place.
- Ergonomic front panel is concave permitting operator to lean into work area, enhancing user comfort.
- High capacity motor/blower system with speed control to extend the life of the HEPA filter.
- Supply and exhaust HEPA filters are parallel to work area and each other to prevent turbulence.
- Exhaust motor-blower not included. System must be balanced upon installation.
- Stainless steel filter screen is removable for easy cleaning.
- Removable stainless steel work tray facilitates easy clean up and decontamination.
- Fluorescent lights are externally mounted to minimize heat build-up.
- IV hanging bar with 12 hooks in work area.
- Separate lighted power ON/OFF indicator switches for blower and lighting.
- Electrical is 115 Volt, 60 Hz (220/50-60 Hz also available).
- Ten foot power cord with molded grounded plug.
- Audible low pressure alarm to provide fail-safe operation.