Model CMD - Multidepth Electromagnetic Conductivity Meters
Geological and civil engineering survey, agriculture and forestry, environmental monitoring, groundwater protection, raw material prospecting, archaeology, metal objects and networks detection. Electromagnetic Conductivity Meters CMD represent large family of contactless geophysical instruments for fast assessment of ground conductivity and of inphase (susceptibility). Single or multi depth probes designed for 0.5 - 9 m depth range allow single or multi layer mapping in classic or GPS modes including vehicle applications. Due to high temperature stability and calibration accuracy CMD systems open correct way for electromagnetic inversion with sections (layered or gradient structures) well matched with DC imaging. This easy way could be especially appreciated under exacting field conditions like dry and icy soil.
One Control Unit for All Probes
Manual or Continuous Measuring Modes with GPS
Fast Response, High Temperature Stability
Multi Depth Mapping with In-situ EM Inversion
Map Preview of Measured Area
Light and Rugged Design
Rechargeable Li-Ion Cells (one charging for 3-4 Working Days) or 6 AA Cells
Easy Control System with Graphical Screen and Large Memory
USB Flash Disk and Bluetooth Communication
The comfortable and transparent way of operation minimizes requirements for user keeping a wide range of measuring highlights and reliability at the same time:
- two manual and two continuous measuring modes with GPS or length mark positioning
- minimum need of settings and calibration checking
- high resistance against electromagnetic noise
- very low weight and power consumption
- good visibility of the graphic display under all conditions
- large memory capacity
- easy data transfer to PC using USB channel or USB flash disk
- compatibility with inversion and mapping SW (IX1D, Res2DInv/Res3DInv, Surfer)
Standard control unit accessories:
- AC/DC adapter for 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz
- Cable for 12 V car socket supply
- Internal battery holder for 6 AA cells
- Carrying belt
- Cable for data download to PC and Flash Disk
- CD with software
- Operation manual
The instrument consists of the control unit and probe(s).
- Attachable CMD control unit works with all types of probes.
- Five modes of measurements:
- Manual measurement – the user starts measurement at each point by pressing the key or by buttons. The point position is updated automatically in the preset grid or can be entered directly. Each point can be re-measured or skipped and completed with a comment.
- Continuous measurement – data are measured and saved continuously in chosen measuring period. The positions on the profile are determined by length marks with consequent recalculation of positions of individual readings.
- GPS Manual measurement – the user starts measurement at each point by pressing the key or by button. The position is determined by GPS receiver.
- GPS Continuous measurement – data are measured and saved continuously in chosen measuring period. The position is determined by GPS receiver.
- Search mode – data are measured continuously but are not saved.
- Map preview of measured area (up to 15000 positions).
- In-situ 1D inversion (two-layered).
- Integrated Bluetooth wireless technology.
- Direct support of GPS receiver. Longitude, latitude and altitude are shown and saved automatically. UTM/UPS recalculation is possible.
- Easy USB data transfer or direct saving on USB flash disk.
- Factory and user calibrations (calibrating data are stored in the probe).
- Measurement time: 0.1 – 20 s.
- 128 MB data flash memory:
- max. 64 files.
- max. 4.8 millions measured points.
- Graphical LCD display 320 x 240, white backlight.
- Power supply:
- Internal exchangeable rechargeable Li-Ion battery pack (integrated fully automatic intelligent battery charger).
- Working time: 3 - 4 working days (24 - 32 hours of continuous measurement).
- Internal exchangeable battery holder for 6 x AA single-use or rechargeable NiCd or NiMh batteries.
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to +50 °C.
- Dimensions: 270 x 90 (145) x 60 mm.
- Weight: 0.7 kg (with Li-Ion battery pack).
- Measured quantities:
- Apparent conductivity in mS/m.
- In-phase ratio in ppt (magnetic susceptibility).
- Measuring ranges:
- Apparent conductivity: 1000 mS/m, resolution 0.1 mS/m.
- In-phase ratio: ± 80 ppt, resolution 10 ppm.
- Measurement accuracy: ± 4% at 50 mS/m.
- Temperature stability: better than 0.1 mS/m /°C (at slow temp. changes).
- Maximum sampling rate: 10 Hz.
- Full and half depth range (vertical and horizontal orientation of dipoles).
- Operating temperature: -10 °C to +50 °C.