Model Delta - Mining and Geochemistry Handheld XRF Analyzer
DELTA Mining & Geochemistry Handheld XRF Analyzers provide immediate results to help determine the next course of action for the entire process - exploration, ore grade/process control, environmental sustainability. On-site detection of metals, minerals & contaminants. GPS-GIS-XRF for instant metal mapping, time, cost savings
Rugged, High Performance Handheld XRF
See and feel the DELTA difference. Our analyzers are compact and robust from probe to trigger to display, with sophisticated XRF technology that's better, faster, and more responsive. From initial boot-up to the final result, the DELTA is the optimum solution for all your analytical needs. The DELTA line gives you the ultimate experience in field-portable handheld XRF analysis, providing fast measurements with accuracy, precision, detection limit, and light element measurement capabilities built into a compact single-chassis frame wrapped in robust industrial-grade body casing.
Incorporating Everything You Need in Handheld XRF with State-of-the-Art Innovations - The DELTA line from Olympus Innov-X
- 4 W X-ray tube, 200µA current (max) plus optimized beam settings
- Tight geometry for exceptional LODs and high analysis throughout
- Large-Area SDD option plus customized X-ray provides exceptional light element sensitivity
- Patent-pending automatic barometric pressure correction adjusts calibration as needed
- Lightning fast bootup and data acquisition: Faster testing, more results
- Floating Point Processor: Provides more calculations in less time and leverages more advanced calibration algorithms
- Integrated Bluetooth for data input and output
- Ergonomic rubberized handle for enhanced grip
- Analysis indicator lights visible from 360°
- Bright, responsive, color touch screen display
- Accelerometer technology puts the unit into sleep mode when not in use to conserve power; logs impacts for tool management
- USB interface port for high-speed data download and seamless PC control
- Hot Swap: the rechargeable battery can be replaced without having to turn off or re-standardize the unit.
Docking Station with Automatic Charging and Calibration Check
The unique DELTA Docking Station means not ever having to power down the analyzer. The station charges the analyzer battery and a spare, and performs periodic calibration checks. The analyzer can be removed at anytime for immediate testing.
- Additional Battery Charger
- DC Outlet
- Power and Battery Indicator Lights
- Connect to a PC for Data Management
- USB Connector Port
Ideally suited for field work, the DELTA is equipped with our trademark weatherproof, dust proof, protective housing.
- Ruggedized casing manufactured to industrial standards - no PDA or movable screen for superior reliability
- Superior field use ergonomics with rubberized grip for ease of handling during all-day use
- Large, rear-facing, motion-responsive, transflexive touch screen for clear viewing; automatically brightens in sunlight
- An external heat sink engineered for extreme temperature and high-power use
- Time-saving hot-swappable batteries - enables rechargeable battery to be replaced without having to turn off or re-standardize the unit
Smart on the Inside
Engineered with advanced technology, yet so simple to use. The intuitive user interface makes navigation easy for both non-technical and more advanced operators.
- Up to 4x improvement in light element analysis resulting from the DELTA's custom 4W, 200µA (max) X-ray tube
- Up to a 10x improvement in speed and throughput thanks to state-of-the-art electronics, a floating point processor, and redesigned analytical geometry
- Time-saving, auto-calibration feature built into our exclusive docking station, eliminating the need to stop testing for standardizations
The DELTA XRF allows immediate decision making, delivering massive dollar and time savings on exploration projects, especially in remote settings. The ability to easily increase sample density, dynamically in fill and refine targets while still in the field provides powerful project management to the exploration manager. This leads to faster drill-hole target generation increasing project development timeframes which ultimately leads to quicker finds. During the drilling phase, handheld XRF is used to identify and quantify mineralized drill intersections. This allows optimization of drilling and laboratory analysis expenditure and other resources during field programs.
Olympus Innov-X Knows Geochemical Analysis
Our high-precision analyzers dramatically reduce testing times allowing hundreds more tests per day with significantly higher confidence in surface and near surface geochemical surveys. Our portable XRF analyzers measure 25+ elements per test, from Mg (12) to U (92), PPM levels to 100%.The real value arrives in the field, where the Geoscientist can now use the real-time, 'Instant Geochemistry' delivered by the DELTA to postulate and start to make decisions about what the geology is doing under his/her feet and adapt the sampling and mapping program dynamically on-the-spot. Or, pre-screen samples to select the best and most appropriate samples for laboratory analysis. The ability to refine your sampling program in the field, real-time, means you can easily increase sample density and resolution instantaneously.
Selectable Beam Settings
Selectable beam settings are available for varying measurement objectives. A single-incident beam setting can be used for ultra-fast site screening with solid LOD performance across the periodic table. A single-incident beam setting can also be used for exceptional LOD performance for a group of elements such as heavy metals, transition metals & light elements, or to focus in on a particular element of interest such as Cr, Cd, Ni or Cu. And, for more involved analyses, multi-incident beam settings can be used to fully optimize measurements for exceptional LOD performance across the full elemental range or for user selectable elements. You have the ability to choose for your measurement objectives.
The DELTA line is designed to be easy to use and accurate - multiple calibration models ensure optimal on-site performance, even for challenging light element analysis. Make immediate decisions. Maximize your exploration budget. Contact your local representative for application specific capabilities including limits of detection and pre-loaded matrix optimized calibrations.
- Qualitative identification of elements
- Semi-quantitative analysis of elements
- Moisture content corrections
- Compton Normalization: 'Internal Standard' for quantitative analysis without site-specific calibrations
- Fundamental Parameters: 'Standardless' for samples with high and low concentrations of several elements
- Empirical Calibrations: Refine factory calibrations with user generated, site-specific factors (slope, y-intercept), including ore-matrix-specific calibrations
- Combination Algorithms: Fundamental Parameters with Empirical for Light Elements & complicated matrices
- Re-evaluate stored data sets with added elements, new parameters, models or calibration curves
Collect and View Data; Create Reports
- Intuitive PC Software can be utilized to remotely control the DELTA analyzer in a benchtop configuration
- Sort comprehensive analysis results, quickly create reports, view and export spectra
The DELTA Line
The DELTA Line of ruggedized XRF analyzers offers a range of high-productivity tools that efficiently, and accurately meet your geochemical analysis requirements. From the DELTA-50 Premium, optimized for rare earth elements (REEs), to the DELTA Classic, configured to meet an array of applications, it's easy to choose the optimal DELTA portable XRF analyzer for your analysis needs.
The ideal handheld analyzer for rare earth element (REE) exploration, and grading with a 4 W 50 kV X-ray tube. The large-area, high performance SDD works in conjunction with the higher voltage output of the tube to enable better sensitivity for important high-Z elements, including REEs, cadmium (Cd), and silver (Ag). The DELTA-50 Premium model is referred to as DP-4050EX.
The Premium combines a large-area, high-performance SDD, and a 4W optimized X-ray tube, making it the ultimate solution for ultra-quick, analytically demanding applications, and superior light element (Mg, Al, Si) analysis. The DELTA Premium model for Mining Analysis is the DP-6000 series and for Exploration Soil Analysis is the DP-4000EX series.
The new standard in handheld XRF. The Silicon Drift Detector (SDD) provides excellent speed and LODs, in addition to good light-element analysis capabilities. The DELTA Standard models for Exploration Soil Analysis are the DS-4000EX series and for Mining Analysis are the DS-6000 series.
A high-tech, flexible analyzer for typical XRF analysis applications, our classic DELTA analyzer is equipped with an SiPIN detector. The DELTA Classic models for Exploration Soil Analysis are the DC-4000EX series and for Mining Analysis are the DC-6000 series.
The DELTA XPLORER Package - Mobile GPS-GIS Mapping Solutions for your XRF
Pioneed by Olympus Innov-X goglogists, the Xplorer package seamlessly combines XRF-generated data into your GIS package in the field in real time. The outcome for the exploration geologists is time and cost savings, improved data integrity, and an integrated, automated data management and validation process. The ability to map, visualize, assess, and follow up on targets immediately has genuinely changed surface soil/sediment geochemical exploration methodologies for the better.
- Field Portable XRF data is transferred wirelessly, and spatially registered in real time using industry-standard Mobile GIS and State of the Art Trimble GPS Hardware, in addition to GIS software (ArcPAD or Discover Mobile)
- The result is live geochemical mapping in the field for visualization, gridding, and contouring in GIS, leading to rapid, informed decision making
- Seamless integration into powerful geochemical analysis software such as ioGAS for first class validation and QZ/QC
- Reduces human error related to XRF data transfer, GPS coordinate merging, and GIS integration