Model DURAGAF - Filter Bags
From Filter Bags
The DURAGAF high performance, needled felt bag filter media lasts 2-5 times longer than ordinary felt media. Available in polypropylene (POXL) or polyester (PEXL), these 100% welded bags, with Eaton’s SENTIINEL ring, seal better in critical conditions. Models (POXLF and PEXLF) are FDA and EC compliant filter bags for food contact.
DURAGAF Extended Life Filter Bags Can Improve Your Filtration Process and Save You Money
Why DURAGAF Filter Bags Last Longer
DURAGAF filter bags have a unique design that delivers equal filtration performance with lifetimes 2 to 5 times longer than ordinary felt media bags. This means reduced operating costs due to less bag consumption, reduced downtime, and lower storage and disposal costs. The two charts at the right clearly illustrate the longer service life you can expect using DURAGAF filter bags in your application.
DURAGAF filter bags are available in two extended life materials, polypropylene or polyester. These two materials utilize a fiber blend with a finer fiber diameter and a higher weight than ordinary media. The result is a dramatically higher dirt holding capacity at the same efficiency and differential pressure. Processes run longer and need fewer bag changes with DURAGAF filter bags.
All welded construction eliminates the bypass that can occur in standard sewn filter bags. Eaton's proprietary welding technology produces a super-strong seam that will stand up to the most demanding applications without failure. The SENTINEL ring seal is standard on all DURAGAF filter bags. This pressure actuated sealing ring actually improves its seal as the differential pressure increases. To help prevent unwanted fiber migration DURAGAF filter bags are manufactured with a proprietary downstream surface treatment.
Food and Beverage Applications
DURAGAF filter bags are available in polypropylene and polyester materials that are compliant with FDA and EC requirements for food contact.
- Pinholes, inherent to the sewing process, are potential sources of bypass, thereby reducing bag efficiency. The side and bottom seams, as well as the SENTINEL rings of POXL and PEXL filter bags are fully welded, thus eliminating this problem.
- The surface of the filter media is subjected to a special heat treatment. This unique treatment reduces the problem of fiber release, while retaining the required surface permeability.
- Increased media thickness enhances the area in which particles are trapped. As a result, a greater amount of particles will be retained.
- The use of micro fibers increases the void volume of the filter media – resulting in longer on-stream life
Key DURAGAF markets:
- Food and Beverage
- Chemical Processing
- Paints, Inks, Resins and Coatings
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Industrial Water Treatment
- Pulp and Paper
- Lubricants, Metalworking Fluids