Model ED38 - Desalination Antiscalant
ED38 was specifically developed for Multiple Effect Distillation (MED) plants. While ED38 is effective in dispersing a variety of scale-forming compounds. It has been shown to be far more effective in controlling CaCO3 than traditional antiscalants, including those based on polymaleic acid polymers and copolymers. ED38 is stable in chlorinated systems.
- Maximizes thermal efficiency of Multiple Effect Distillation systems
- Provides excellent CACO3 inhibition
- Reduces or eliminates acid cleaning
For most MED/MSF systems the dos-age is in the range of 3 to 6 mg/L. In MED systems, ED38 should be fed to the feedwater line, downstream of the condenser outlet. In MSF systems, ED38 should be fed to the feedwater line, upstream of the heat recovery section. Continuous feed is recommended for optimum performance.
- Environmental Information
- ED38 is environmentally safe.
- Packaging Information
- 25Kg plastic drum or according to client’s request.