Model EU1000 - Ammonia Reduction
From Water Treatement
EU1000 is a liquid formulation of Nitrosomonas, which convert ammonia to nitrite, and Nitrobacter that convert the nitrite to nitrate. The product is designed to remove Ammonia quickly and conveniently in aerobic biological waste water treatment systems.
EU1000 is designed to improve the performance of such systems in the following ways:-
- It rapidly establishes a nitrifying population in seasonally operated systems and ensures certain and rapid establishment of a nitrified effluent in newly constructed sewage treatment and industrial waste water treatment plant.
- It assists in the maintenance of a nitrified effluent in short sludge age systems.
- It brings about rapid recovery of nitrification in systems that have temporarily lost the ability to nitrify.
- It assists nitrification in percolating filters, which are organically overloaded by reinforcing nitrifyers that are already colonising the lower levels of the filter media.
Nitrifying bacteria are not able to form spores and are sensitive to temperature, pH and Oxygen levels. Unlike
heterotrophic bacteria they take a long time to multiply, typically 15-18 hours.
Optimum conditions for Ammonia removal are:
- Temperature 18 deg C but tolerant to 6 deg C.
- pH 7.6 to 8.4
- Dissolved Oxygen levels above 2.0 mg/L.
- Form: Liquid
- Colour: Pale Pink
- Specific Gravity: 1.0
- Contents: Selected bacteria suspended in liquid stabiliser/buffer
- Storage: Keep refrigerated below 4 deg C
- Packaging: 1, 5, & 25 Litre poly packs plus 1000L IBC’s