Model GC-C40 - Coal-Based Activated Carbon Pelletized 4mm
GC-C40 is a Bituminous Coal pelletized activated carbon. It is a standard activated carbon that works by capturing hydrogen sulfide and other volatile organic compound's molecules within the graphitic platelet structure of the carbon granules. Activated carbon has a specific capacity for each of these compounds; once this capacity is reached, subsequent incoming VOC’s “breakthrough” untreated.
GC-C40 Activated Carbon is utilized in the following Wolverine Brand activated carbon filters:
GC-C40 is utilized for these filters because:
- The relatively low H2S concentration typically found in home septic systems does not require the more expensive catalytic activated carbons.
- The pelletized activated carbons are cleaner to work with, making it ideal for homeowner applications
- Their high activity and surface area make GC-C40 ideal for most vapor phase applications. The uniformity of its shape makes GC-C40 particularly attractive in applications where low pressure drop is a consideration
- Made from virgin activated carbon
- Derived from bituminous coal
- Pelletized activated carbon is cleaner to handle than its granular counterparts
Standard packaging is in 55 lb. vinyl bags.
- Particle Size - (Diameter),mm: 4.0
- (Length), mm: 6.0
- Mean Particle Diameter, mm: 4.7
- CCI4 Activity, %: 60(min)
- Iodine No., mg/g: 1000(min)
- Surface Area, m2/g: 1000(min)
- Hardness, %: 95(min)
- Moisture, % (as packaged): 3(max)
- Typical Density, lbs./cu.ft.: 28-32
- g/cc: 0.44-0.52