Model GC-IMS-ODOR - Fully Automated Standalone Instrument
The GC-IMS-ODOR is a fully automated, standalone instrument developed for at-site, on-line sampling and delivers quantification and reporting of Gasodor-S-Free (methyl acrylate and ethyl acrylate) and THT concentrations in natural gas.
Eliminating the need for helium or hydrogen, the system requires only a nitrogen or synthetic air source for carrier and drift gas. The system can also be used with the new G.A.S internal gas loop, making the system totally portable, without the need for cylinder gas.
The measurement intervals are user defined and calibration can be carried out using a traceable gas standard via a designated calibration port either manually or routinely to ensure maximum accuracy. An integrated ‘system check’ is automatically carried out prior to every measurement – ensuring safe use and reliable results.
The large TFT touchscreen permits system control, displays current measurements, and allows review of previous results. Results and measurement files are stored internally on the integrated compact flash card. These results can be downloaded via USB or transferred via the 4-20 mA current loop, a modem or network connection to a control station.
The GC-IMS ODOR has been specially optimized for quantification of Gasodor®-S-Free® (methyl acrylate and ethyl acrylate) and THT concentrations in natural gas.
- Working Principle Gas Chromatograph-Ion Mobility Spectrometer
- GC-Column Capillary Column 30m
- Detector Source Tritium 300 MBq, below the exemption limit for a license according to EURATOM Directive 96/26
- Sampling Heated 6-port-valve
- Measurement Range Gasodor® S-Free®: 0-40mg/m3 (Resolution 0.1), THT: 0-40mg/m3 (Resolution 0.1)
- Calibration Gas Gasodor® S-Free® and THT in natural gas or nitrogen
- Display 6.4″ TFT touchscreen display
- Data Acquisition Ultra fast ADIO-Board
- Data Processing 1.6GHz Intel Atom
- Data Storage 4GB (or bigger) compact flash card
- Interfaces RS232, USB, Ethernet, 4-20mA current loop
- Pressure Range 1.0 kPa – 400.0 kPa (10 mbar – 4 bar)
- Power Supply 100-240 V AC, 50-60 Hz (external) 24 V DC / 5A, XLR connector (internal)
- Operating Temperature -10°C – +40°C
- Dimensions 449 x 435 x 177mm (WxDxH)
- Weight 15.5kg
- Housing 19″, IP 20 enclosure, EMC conformity
- Cooling Axial fan, speed control temperature related (max 5.5m3/h)
- Gas Connectors 3mm stainless steel (Swagelok) for drift gas inlet, sample gas inlet and outlet, carrier gas inlet and ISM gas outlet