Model GTS - Tire Recycling Plants
From Recycling Plants
The heavy duty shredders utilized in the GTS plants are capable of shredding whole tires including the thick steel reinforcing bead wires enabling fully automatic operation. These plants are intended for customers who require high capacity. These tire recycling systems have a capacity between 2,500 till 6,000 kg/hr.
A typical GTS tire recycling plant would include the following components:
- Infeed conveyor: heavy duty, steel belt conveyor feeds the tires to the shredder.
- Primary two shaft shredder: shears the tires into strips.
- Conveyor: transport the tire strips to the secondary shredder.
- Secondary two shaft shredder: shears the strips into smaller more uniform sized shreds.
- Recirculation system: to control the size of the shreds going to the raspers.
- Rasper: reduces the shred into 15 - 20 mm chips and liberates remaining steel from the rubber.
- Overbelt magnet: separation of liberated steel from the rubber chips.
- Conveyor belt: transport the rubber chips to the granulator.
- Granulator: size reduction of the chips to 1 - 4 mm granules and liberates the textile fractions to allow separation.
- Vibratory screen: sorts the granules by size and removes the majority of textile.
- Zig-zag classifier: removal of remaining textile.
- Drum magnet: removal of remaining steel fines.
- Big-bag station.
- Central de-dusting unit: removes dust and fines from the system and filters the air before returning it to atmosphere.
- Control panel.