IUT - Model IMS - Gas Analyzer
The IMS-Analyzer from IUT Medical is a continuously operating gas analyzer designed for ultra-low level detection of either single or multi-compound hazardous gases. It is an Ion Mobility Spectrometer (IMS) (also offered as GC-IMS) with high sensitivity in the lower ppb-range and with high resolution. The IMS-Analyzer is available as small mobile version and as stationary 19-inch rack and wall mounted NEMA 4X version in different enclosure.
The IMS-Analyzer applications can be covers like:
- Ambient Air Monitoring
- Semiconductor and Clean Room Monitoring (Airborne Molecular Contamination (AMC))
- Continuous Process Gas Monitoring
- Continuous Emission Monitoring (CEM) (Stack Monitoring)
and many other more.
With the different enclosures it can operated indoor or outdoor in the harshest environmental conditions and needs little or no maintenance. The IMS-Analyzer bases on IMS or GC-IMS technology. Ion Mobility Spectrometry (IMS) is a simplified atmospheric pressure time-of-flight technique (TOF) that is highly selective with low ppb to % sensitivity. The GC-IMS adds multi-component separation prior to the IMS analysis. The IMS-Analyzer does not require the use of paper tape, pre-concentrators or chemical reagents.
The IMS-Analyzer can detect hazardous gases at far lower concentrations than traditional analyzers and react in real-time. This gives the operator a longer safe response window to take corrective action. The IMS-Analyzer enclosures can range from Class 1 Division 1 to general purpose.
It is virtually drift free and unaffected by humidity or temperature changes and will be factory calibrated for the compounds of interest for maximum accuracy and reliability. Because of the simplicity of design and limited moving parts, the IMS-Analyzer will have the lowest maintenance and downtime of any current analyzer system.
- Chemistry, petrochemistry, refinery: Aromates, Phosgene, CS2, Alkane series, Cl2, Ketones, …
- Safety at work: Hydrocarbons, Chlorine, HCl, Hydrogen cyanide, Phosgene, H2S, CS2, …
- Ion exchange resins production: CMME, BCME, EDC and DCM
- Agriculture: H2S, NH3, pesticides (e.g. E 605), …
- Semiconductor production:
- Doping gases, NH3, Amines, B2H6, …Solvents
- Storage of hazardous materials and waste: Phosgene, Chlorine, HCl, Hydrocarbons, …
- control of filter systems:
- Food industry: Quality control, flavors, …
- Oil- und gas industry:
- (Exploitation, production): Detection- und monitoring systems
- H2S, mercaptanes, …:
- Laboratory: Detection- und monitoring systems
- Medicine: Analysis of breath air, bodily fluids, exudation
- Energy industry: H2S, SO2, HF, …
- Shipping: Fire alarm systems, e.g. pyrolytic products
- Tunneling, garages, …: NOx, SO2, mercaptanes, …
- Water pollution control, liquid waste: Aromates, DCE,…
- Waste disposal und -burning, recycling: H2S, NH3 amine, HC’s, …