Model LD - Large Diameter Butterfly Valves
From Butterfly Valves
Butterfly valve is the most efficient and cost effective system for controlling fluids flow in large diameter pipe lines. CVB Series LD Butterffly Valve allows tight shut-off in both directions while providing a very simple design. They have been supplied since many years in a various different type of applications, such:
- Large diameter water pipelines
- Desalination Plants
- Thermal Power Plants
- Geathermal Power Plants
- Nuclear Power Plants
The main features are:
- Seal located on the disc; easy replaceable without disassemblembling the valve and, even for the large diameters, without removing the valve from the pipe.
- Seal is continous through 360 degrees, not interrupted by the shaft.
- Double eccentricity which assures long life to the seal as it minimizes rubbing and eliminates seal to seat contact in the open position ( see Fig 1 )
- Adjustable seal compression is obtained by means of an adjustable seal retaining ring.
- ON-OFF or Control services.