Model M Series - Mass Flow Meter
Alicat Scientific’s M series digital/analog mass flow meter is an accurate, repeatable, and customizable mass flow meter designed to be used in a variety of applications. Our patented laminar flow technology delivers incredibly fast and inherently linear mass flow measurement over a broad 200:1 turndown range. Ranges at flows as low as 2.5 microliters per minute and as high as 4000 slpm.
- Now including COMPOSER™ gas composition software!
- 5-ms speed of response.
- No warm-up required: ready to operate in one second.
- Stand-alone unit: no need for computer or PLC.
- All flow data visible on one screen (mass flow, volumetric flow, absolute pressure, temperature).
- Digital and analog outputs.
- Available ranges: any full-scale range from 0-0.5 sccm to 0-4000 slpm
- Linear range: 0.5-100% of full scale, 200:1 turndown (most series) or 1-100% of full scale, 100:1 turndown (MS)
- Accuracy (NIST-traceable): +/- (0.8% of the reading + 0.2% of the full-scale range)
- Optional high-accuracy calibration of +/- (0.4% of the reading + 0.2% of the full-scale range)
- Response time: less than 10 ms
- Pressure drop: 1-9 psi at full scale (M and MS) or 0.06-0.69 psi at full scale (MW), depending upon flow range
- Multi-gas calibration: up to 130 Gas Select™ gases preloaded, includes COMPOSER™ custom gas composition software.
- Digital (RS-232) and analog outputs (0-5v, 1-5v, 0-10v, 4-20 mA)
- Simultaneous real-time readings of mass flow, volumetric flow, absolute pressure and temperature
- Display: 2.1″ monochrome LCD digital display with touch pad interface
- Optional 2.1″ backlit color TFT digital display with touch pad interface
- Maximum inlet pressure: 145 psig (most series) or 50 psig (MW)
- Lifetime warranty: unaffected by bumps, humidity or changes in orientation
Gas Select™ 5.0 Gas List for Alicat Mass Flow Meters and Controllers
All Alicat Scientific mass flow meters and mass flow controllers come standard with NIST Ref Prop 9 gas properties data for up to 130 preloaded gas calibrations. Users may switch between selected gases on the fly without any need for recalibration of the mass flow meter or controller. All Gas Select™ calibrations retain the instrument’s specified NIST-traceable calibration accuracy. (See individual specifications sheets for details.)
Characterize a filter’s flow versus pressure drop curve by fixing the differential pressure across the filter using the pressure controller. The mass flow meter displays the resulting flow rate required to attain the pressure drop.
Faster Leak Testing
Establish stable pressure for the leak check by measuring pressure precisely at the device under test with Alicat’s PC3-series pressure controller with remote sense port. This method negates the pressure drop induced by the mass flow meter that is measuring the leak rate with 5-ms speed of response.