Model M14-1 - Wildlife Cannon with Long Range Motion Detection
This Sonic Sentinel Model 14-1 propane fueled sound cannon provides all of the standard features - such as solar charging, 130dB @ 1m, an electronic ignition and timer, a collapsible tripod, all weather durability, PLUS - the ability to activate the Sonic Sentinel Model 14-1 in response to movement of warm blooded animals over 40lbs up to 130 feet away! Our long-range motion detection module is specifically designed to deter larger nuisance species such as ungulates (deer, elk, etc.), bears, feral hogs, coyotes, wolves, etc.
The key to preventing wildlife from eventually acclimating to sonic deterrents is to utilize effective detection and direct response. Instead of relying solely upon timed detonations, this bundle includes a wide-angle motion sensor to trigger the Model 14-1 on demand.
Tri-tech sensor technology improves accuracy, while reducing false positive activation. Sensor operates under both daylight and nighttime conditions. Reference the distance and angle graphic for specific coverage area.
Product Update: Every new Model 14-1 now includes Multi-Shot, which allows you to select between 1, 2, & 3 shots every time the cannon fires!
Cannon and Tripod with the Long Range Motion Sensor
Includes the following components:
- M14-1 Wildlife Cannon
- Standard Tripod
- Aluminum mounting bracket and clamps
- M14-1 sound cannon wiring harness
- Long-Range motion sensor
Does NOT include propane tank.
Model 14-1 Specifications
Note: This module utilizes the Model 14-1's module expansion bay, and cannot be used in conjunction with other modules or accessories that also require the use of the expansion bay.
Note: Although extensive testing has been conducted to ensure maximum sensor accuracy, occasional false positive activations are unavoidable, especially during daylight hours when thermal conditions are more variable.
This product carries an additional shipping lead time of approx 1 week.
- Sound Pressure Level: 130dB @1m
- Selectable Firing Frequency: 30sec - 2hr and 2 Random Modes
- Chronometer Precision: +/- 1%
- Operating Temp Range: -5º F to 140º F (-20º C to 70º C)
- LPG Efficiency: > 20.000 Cycles (20lb Tank)
- Electric Draw: < 0.2mA Standby / 0.0004Ah Per Cycle
- Battery Capacity: 8Ah SLA 12VDC
- Dimensions (w/o Tripod):
- L 40' (101.6cm)
- W 10' (25.4cm)
- H 5' (12.7cm)
- Weight (w/o LPG Tank):
- Cannon: 22.5 lb (10.2 kg)
- Tripod: 8.0 lb (3.6 kg)
- Shipping: 40 lb (18.1 kg)
- Emissions Compliance:
- FCC: Part 15, Subpart B
- ICES: 001, Issue 4
- EN: 61000-6-3:2007
- The Model 14-1 offers a compact, integrated design without compromising capability. The M14-1's sleek housing packs all of its technology into a small, easy to handle package. Weighing in at only 30lbs with its collapsible tripod (not including propane tank), the M14-1 is easy to operate and transport.
- Employing an electronic ignition system, the Model 14-1 guarantees accurate, efficient, and reliable operation with an adjustable detonation timer featuring two random fire modes (variable from 1 - 10min & 5 - 30min). It also incorporates a fault tolerant solar charging system with an included internal battery. Additionally, optional radio and motion activation modules are available separately.
- The Model 14-1 is designed to survive rough handling and operate effectively in the harshest outdoor climates. It is manufactured from corrosion resistant aluminized steel and aluminum, then powder coated for additional durability. Primary electronics are resin potted and all connectors treated to prevent corrosion.
- Many more
360º Rotating Tripod for the Model 14-1 propane sound cannon provides coverage over a larger area by rotating the cannon ~30° every time it fires. Just like our standard tripod, it's constructed from durable, corrosion resistant metals, is collapsible, and includes 3 hooks to support a standard 20lb propane tank (not included).
The rotating tripod uses a stainless steel gas swivel and two heavy bearings to ensure consistent, reliable rotation after every shot. A quick-disconnect fitting between cannon and tripod is also included to make setup and repositioning a breeze.
Tripod feet add stability and grip for tough terrain.
Tripod leg extensions add another 24' to the height to get above tall ground cover or other obstructions.
12 Volt DC trickle charger to keep the battery of your Model 14-1 charged when not in use, or to recharge the battery when used in areas that do not provide sufficient sunlight for solar charging.
Nighttime deactivation switch disables the cannon from sunup to sundown. This capability may be desirable to preserve fuel if nighttime operation is not necessary or to comply with local noise ordinances. If so equipped, the nighttime deactivation function can be enabled / disabled via an included toggle switch. The cost is $25.00 and this function is factory installed.