Model PCH Series - Continuous Duty High Efficiency Series
PCH Series purifiers combine the advantages of a refrigerant dryer and a heatless regenerative dryer. Because the refrigerant dryer removes 87% of the moisture, the purge air requirement of the regenerative dryer is only a fraction of that of a regenerative dryer alone. Less purge air means more clean compressed air available for use, lower compressor capacity requirements and cost savings. In fact, the operating cost of PCH Series purifier is about 23% of that of the PC Series. These systems are frequently used in hospitals and other facilities requiring 24-hours-per-day service.
- Oil-Alert filter – removes oil aerosols and particulates from the air. Color change feature indicates when filter element needs replacement.
- Regenerative dryer – adsorbs additional moisture vapor, thus extending the life of the catalyst converter.
- Visual moisture indicator – The blue moisture indicator changes color when the humidity is 2% or more. It monitors the effectiveness of the regenerative dryer.
- Catalyst converter – converts carbon monoxide (CO) to carbon dioxide (CO2).
- Activated carbon adsorber – removes odors, tastes and other organic compounds.
- Particulate filter – final filter to prevent particle carry over.
- NEMA 4 electrical.
- Regenerative dryer sequence lights.
- Regenerative dryer failure to shift alarm.
- Purge air heat exchanger – minimizes purge air loss by heating the purge air with the normally wasted condenser heat.
- Tower pressure gauges (2).
- Purge pressure gauge.
- Purge control valve.
- Refrigerant dryer – removes approximately 87% of the moisture vapor with no purge loss.
- Refrigerant dryer performance monitor (Model PCH242 and larger, except NEMA 7; optional in other models) – monitor indicates dew point, drain on and off time adjustments, compressor on, and temperatures of inlet air, outlet air, ambient air, refrigerant suction, and refrigerant discharge, in Deg. F or Deg. C. Also has ON and OFF switches.
- CO monitor with Auto-Cal and alarm.
- Low pressure alarm.
- High temperature alarm.
- Power failure alarm.
- High humidity alarm.
- Emergency air connection.
- NEMA 7 electrical.
- Battery back-up.
- Separator and automatic drain.
- Heat tracing for low ambient.
Due to lower purge loss, PCH Series purifiers reduce operating costs and reduce the capital cost for the air compressor. System shown above includes optional Auto-Cal CO Monitor.
The breathing air purifier shall be of high-efficiency type requiring a purge loss of approximately 3%. It shall include an Oil-Alert Filter to monitor the presence of oil vapors in the air. It shall include a refrigerant and a heatless regenerative dryer piped on a single skid with a coalescer at the coldest point for maximum efficiency and reliability. The system shall include bypass arrangement so that either of the two dryers can operate independently in an emergency. The system shall include purge air heat exchanger, visual moisture indicator, catalyst converter, activated carbon adsorber and a final filter. Regenerative dryer shall include sequence lights indicating various stages of drying. Larger systems (Model PCH242 and larger) shall include Performance Monitor to monitor six critical temperatures, including dew point. The system shall include tower pressure gauges, purge pressure gauge and purge control valve. The system shall be covered by a 10-year limited warranty.
The purifier shall include an auto calibrating CO Monitor.
Quality compressed breathing air is essential to your medical facility. We take pride in the engineering and production of your breathing air purification system, because we know that the health of your patients depends on it. You can rely on Pioneer to recommend a breathing air system based on your requirements.
In addition to grade 'D' breathing air, NFPA 99 guidelines require redundant compressors, dryers, filtration, and monitors for medical breathing air applications. This configuration shall allow the system to remain operational in case of failure of any component and during periods of routine maintenance. With its dual dryer system with bypasses, Pioneer's PCH Series is an excellent choice for many medical breathing air applications. All components are prepiped, prewired and mounted on a single skid – ready to connect to your air compressor.
In some instances, configurations other than the PCH may be more suitable. Over 50% of Pioneer's products are custom engineered and built to meet strict specifications. Call your Pioneer representative today to discuss your applications and requirements, and we will assist you in providing a breathing air system that meets your needs.