Model PME-E Series - Cooling Towers
The PME-E series cooling towers are manufactured with a high thickness (3-5 mm) steel bearing frame, which is hot-dip galvanized after all works and with fibreglass sandwich panels of 22 mm thickness. This kind of panel is made by a double laminated layer with supporting expanded material in between. This construction grants, also on large surfaces, a great mechanical strength and a good dropping water noise absorption. The surface of the fibreglass, moreover, is protected by a gel-coat that is resistant to UV rays, hot and cold water and abrasion due to weather and chemicals. The filling material is made of self-extinguishing PVC with 20 mm wide flute, particularly suitable for industrial applications. In case of applications with very clean water, the tower version with 12 mm flute fill pack is also available.
The multi-blade axial fan grants high performances with low electrical power input. A manhole for easy inspection inside the cooling tower is included in the standard equipment. The basin has a sloping bottom with rounded off corners, to enable an easy emptying to simplify its cleaning. With 16 different models, all available with or without water basin, this series covers a capacity range between 580 and 2600 kW (approximate cooling capacity referred to 5°C water temperature range).
The PME-E series is also available in a special “Container” version, designed and built for easy shipment, to optimize the transport volumes and to reduce the costs. For all basic models the following special versions are available:
- ATT - high temperature water, with max peaks of 80°C
- N - for water containing low quantities of suspended solids
- N-ATT - for high temperature water (with max peaks of 80°C) containing low quantities of suspended solids
- GS - for water containing large quantities of suspended solids
Accessories and construction variants
The following accessories and/or construction variants are available for all models on request:
- Three-phase heating element with control thermostat
- Minimum level cut-out switch
- Two-speed motor with graduated thermostat, automatic cascade
- Control panel
- Stainless steel metal parts (instead of hot-dip galvanized steel)
- Removable side-walls to allow inspection, easy cleaning and maintenance to the internal components of the cooling tower