Model SAF 1500 - Automatic Self Cleaning Filter
The Amiad SAF Series are sophisticated, yet easy-to-operate, automatic filters, with a self-cleaning mechanism driven by an electric motor.
The 'SAF' filters support flow-rates of up to 400 m³/h (1760 gpm), with various screens designed to cover a range of 800-10 micron filtration degree, and are available in inlet/outlet diameters of 2'-10'.
Raw water enters the filter inlet (1) through the coarse screen (2) which protects the cleaning mechanism from large debris. The water passes through the fine screen (3), trapping dirt particles which accumulate inside the filter. Clean water flows through the filter outlet (4).
The gradual dirt buildup on the inner screen surface causes a filter cake to develop, with a corresponding increase in the pressure differential across the screen. A pressure differential switch senses the pressure differential and when it reaches a pre-set value, the cleaning process begins.
Cleaning of the filter is carried out by the suction scanner (5) which spirals across the screen; the open exhaust valve creates a high velocity suction stream at the nozzles tip which 'vacuums' the filter cake from the screen. During the self-cleaning process, which takes between 20 to 40 seconds, filtered water continues to flow downstream.
Two types of control boards are available for the SAF filters: PLC or Electro-Mechanical Relay and Timer.
The self-cleaning cycle begins under any one of the following conditions:
- Receiving a signal from the Pressure Differential Switch (6)
- Time interval parameter set at the control board
- Manual Start
- Optional continuous flush operation mode
- Flush cycles counter
- Alarm or an alternative reaction at malfunction mode; open a bypass, shut-off a pump, etc.
Amiad's 'SAF' product-line consists of the following models:
- SAF-1500 for up to 80 m³/h (350 gpm)
- SAF-3000 for up to 150 m³/h (660 gpm)
- SAF-4500 for up to 250 m³/h (1100 gpm)
- SAF-6000 for up to 400 m³/h (1,760 gpm)
- Large filter area, reliable operating mechanism and simple construction make the SAF filter the ideal solution for filtration of poor quality water to very fine filtration degrees
- Automatic flushing according to pressure differential and/or according to time
- No interruption of downstream flow during flushing
- Robust and reliable Self-Cleaning mechanism even on marginal operation conditions.
- Minimal volume of reject water allows excellent operation in continuous flush mode
- Applications: Water supply systems, Irrigation systems, Cooling Water, Waste Water Treatment, Industrial Pre-Filtration, etc.
- Industries: manufacturing, mining, water and waste water treatment plant, turf and agriculture, etc.
Maximum flow rate* 80 m³/h (352 US gpm)
Inlet/Outlet diameter (mm) 2” 3” 4” (50 80 100)
Standard filtration degrees Weave Wire Screen 800, 500, 300, 200, 130, 100, 80, 50, 25, 10 micron
Min. working pressure 2 bar (30 psi) For lower pressure please consult manufacturer
Max. working pressure 10 bar (145 psi)
Max. working temperature 50°C (122°F)
Electrical Supply 3 phase, 220 / 380 / 440 VAC 50 / 60 Hz
Weight (empty) 86 kg (190 lb)
* Consult Amiad for optimum flow depanding on filtration degree & water quality
Minimum flow for flushing
(at 2 bar -30 psi) 6 m³/h (26 US gpm)
Reject water volume per flush cycle (at 2 bar -30 psi) 25 liter (7 US gallon)
Flushing cycle time 15 seconds
Exhaust valve 2” 50 mm
Flushing criteria Differential pressure of 0.5 bar (7psi), time intervals and manual operation
Filter area 1500 cm² (323 in²)
Screen types Four-layer Weave Wire stainless steel 316L Molded Weave Wire stainless steel 316L
Filter housing Epoxy-coated carbon steel 37-2
Filter lid SMC Polyester / Epoxy-coated carbon steel 37-2
Cleaning mechanism Stainless steel 316L, Acetal
Exhaust valve Epoxy-coated cast iron, Natural rubber
Seals Synthetic rubber, Teflon
Control Aluminum, Brass, Stainless steel, PVC, Nylon
* Amiad offers a variety of construction materials. Consult Amiad for specifications
Control and Electricity
Rated operation voltage 3 phase, 220/380/440 VAC 50/60 Hz
Electric motor ¼ HP
Current consumption 0.6 Amp
Control voltage 24 VAC 12V or 24 VDC upon request