Model SBR - Sequential Batch Reactor
From Water Technologies
Sequencing Batch Reactors (SBRs) are a type of activated sludge system that incorporates aeration, clarification, effluent decanting, and sludge wasting into a single vessel. The SBR is operated in batch mode through fill, aerate, settle, and decant/waste phases.
- Low maintenance and user friendly design.
- SBR’s have large operational flexibility
- Sludge bulking problem is avoided
- System requires less space than extended aeration plants of equal capacity
- Multi-reactor Batch and Single-reactor Continuous Flow designs available.