Model Softening Control - Online Water Hardness Monitoring Device
Device for online water hardness monitoring with output of additional information for the optimation of regeneration activation. Softening Control monitors a soft water hardness threshold, which can be parameterized in individual steps of 0.25% up to 10% residual water hardness in reference to raw water hardness. Through a current loop the indicated water hardness value can put out and allows a record of the hardness progress.
Softening Control presents information about the softening process which can be used to optimize the regeneration activation and therefore leads to the increase of efficiency of the softening plant. With identification of soft water hardness values below or above 20% of the defined threshold value, the device displays the evaluation by LEDs. Therefore it is possible to customize the regeneration of the softening plant manually.
Softening Control works without any addition of indicators or reagents. The cyclical self-monitoring of the sensor performance and measurement functionality contributes significantly to an interference-free process.
In contrast to conventional water monitoring devices Softening Control operates with a selective sensor for calcium and magnesium ions on potentiometric method basis.
The monitored soft water threshold value can be defined individually in steps of 0.25% up to 10% in reference to raw water hardness.
Through a current loop the indicated water hardness value can put out and allows a record of the hardness progress.
An addition of reagents or indicators is not necessary. This makes the device environmental friendly and cost-effective.
Installation, commissioning and operating of Softening Control are completely uncomplicated. The desired threshold value can be defined by simple DIP-switches. Also the sensor can be changed easily by pushing it into the measuring chamber. A clearly represented LED display shows functional status and water hardness evaluation at the first glance.
The cyclical self-monitoring of sensor performance and measuring functionality contribute significant to an inter-ference-free process flow.
Softening Control is installable in every water softener system on cation exchange base. Also a subsequently installation into an existing system is possible.
EASY TO MAINTAIN
Except an occasional sensor exchange Softening Control is nearly maintenance free.
- Dimension of case: 95 x 145 x 35 mm (B x H x D), wall mounted
- Installation space: 120 x 220 x 120 mm (B x H x D)
- Weight appr.: 800 g
- Surrounding temperature: 5°C ... 50°C
- Relative humidity: 20% ... 80%
- Power supply: 100 … 240 V / 50 … 60 Hz
- Power consumption: 15 V DC, appr. 4 Watt
- Raw and soft water connection: branch pipe with connecntion for PA-tube o.d. 4 mm, i.d. 2 mm, up streamed dirt filter ≤ 0,1 mm recommended
- Raw and soft water pressure: minimum 1 bar up to maximum 10 bar
- Drain: minimum ø 6 mm, pressure free
- Quality of raw and soft water: natural water, free of grease, oil or brine germ content < 5000 CFU/ml
- Hardness range raw water: 0.18 mmol/l up to 10.8 mmol/l, natural water
- Evaluation of water hardness in raw water: 100%
- Evaluation of residual hardness in soft water: defined threshold value between 0,25% up to 10% in reference to raw water hardness
- Operation time of sensor: approx. 6 … 9 month (without warranty)